The STL Cardinals Thread - New Season, Same Old Cardinals?

CWood21

Lars Nootbaar

Lars Nootbaar (thumb) remains absent from the Cardinals' lineup for Monday's series opener against the Braves.

Nootbaar jammed his left thumb during a slide into third base during Thursday's Opening-Day matchup against the Blue Jays and will miss his third straight contest on Monday evening. The expectation remains that he won't require a trip to the injured list, but there are no guarantees at this point.

17 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

I'd say he's got the highest chance of the OFs. I really wish Oli wasn't so public in his criticism of players. 

Yeah my dream was that TON started off hot in CF and would be a guy teams really wanted at the deadline. That's not going to happen with Oli burying him. 

23 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

I'd say he's got the highest chance of the OFs. I really wish Oli wasn't so public in his criticism of players. 

I don't have any problem with Oli calling out O'Neill. It's not the 1st time they've seen him dogging it on plays and O'neill even said ti crosses his mind to try to avoid the lower body injuries. I would have had a problem if Oli just went straight to the media and thre O'Neill under the bus, but he did it they way you're supposed to. He went to the player first and had that conversaion face-to-face with them (and it sounds like they've had that conversation before this incidient in past too that wasn't public). Then when the media asked him the question, he answered it honestly.

38 minutes ago, kgarrett12486 said:

I don't have any problem with Oli calling out O'Neill. It's not the 1st time they've seen him dogging it on plays and O'neill even said ti crosses his mind to try to avoid the lower body injuries. I would have had a problem if Oli just went straight to the media and thre O'Neill under the bus, but he did it they way you're supposed to. He went to the player first and had that conversaion face-to-face with them (and it sounds like they've had that conversation before this incidient in past too that wasn't public). Then when the media asked him the question, he answered it honestly.

"That's going to be handled internally." 

That's all he had to say. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kgarrett12486 said:

I have a HUGE problem with it. Who is Oli Marmol to be calling out anyone publicly?

He was a problem with in game management last year, and hes showing that he isnt a real leader now. He was a questionable hire as more of a yes man for Mo & Co than an actual manager, and hasnt done anything to make me feel any different to this point

Plus why is O'Neil getting sent there anyway? Weren't we down 4-1 with 2 outs? Also the RF has a rocket attached to his shoulder and TON is made of glass. Also the field was wet. Oli can be upset, but why not be upset about the coach who waived him in? Does Pop get publicly shamed, or does that happen internally? 

• CWood21 changed the title to The STL Cardinals Thread - New Season, Same Old Cardinals?