The STL Cardinals Thread - New Season, Same Old Cardinals?

CWood21

Someone talk me down from the cliff.  This is going to be another damn offseason in which the Cardinals make middling moves expecting them to magically hit lightning in a bottle.  Pick a direction and go with it.  Enough of this half way in, half way out.  This is exactly the deal the Cardinals should have been in on.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Someone talk me down from the cliff.  This is going to be another damn offseason in which the Cardinals make middling moves expecting them to magically hit lightning in a bottle.  Pick a direction and go with it.  Enough of this half way in, half way out.  This is exactly the deal the Cardinals should have been in on.

If they don't come out of this offseason with Machado, Harper or Goldy I'll be right there too...

22 hours ago, CWood21 said:

I believe it was Goould who said that Donaldson wasnt Plan A for us this offseason, and be may not even have been Plan B.

If thats true, and we pull off Plan A, then Donaldson will be a fart in the wind to us.

I think Plan A really is Goldschmidt, and then slide Carp to 3rd for the year. Resign Goldy going forward, and find the true solution to 3B after that.

1. Carpenter - 3B
  2. Bader - CF
  3. Goldschmidt - 1B
  4. Ozuna - LF
  5. DeJong - SS
  6. Molina - C
  7. O'Neill - RF
  8. Wong - 2B

Thats a Lineup I can get behind, Even if it means taking on the Grinkie contract (hopefully we could swap the Fowler contract for it)

1 hour ago, StLunatic88 said:

I believe it was Goould who said that Donaldson wasnt Plan A for us this offseason, and be may not even have been Plan B.

If thats true, and we pull off Plan A, then Donaldson will be a fart in the wind to us.

I think Plan A really is Goldschmidt, and then slide Carp to 3rd for the year. Resign Goldy going forward, and find the true solution to 3B after that.

1. Carpenter - 3B
  2. Bader - CF
  3. Goldschmidt - 1B
  4. Ozuna - LF
  5. DeJong - SS
  6. Molina - C
  7. O'Neill - RF
  8. Wong - 2B

Thats a Lineup I can get behind, Even if it means taking on the Grinkie contract (hopefully we could swap the Fowler contract for it)

I'd be good with this if we can get an extension for Goldy. We can't keep missing on these guys. That's why I want Harper. Someone else mentioned it, but sign him for a bunch of years and stop worrying about missing out on stars. 

1 hour ago, MOSteelers56 said:

I'd be good with this if we can get an extension for Goldy. We can't keep missing on these guys. That's why I want Harper. Someone else mentioned it, but sign him for a bunch of years and stop worrying about missing out on stars. 

I mean, its going to cost us for wither one of them, but yea I agree,. Just go pay a star, not a 2nd tier (or worse - Fowler) high money they dont deserve

• CWood21 changed the title to The STL Cardinals Thread - New Season, Same Old Cardinals?