GDT: Pittsburgh (9-2) at Cincinnati (5-6)

skywlker32

NFL_Pittsburgh_Steelers_200x200_trans.pn vs.4.vresize.200.200.medium.0.png

@Stadium-Index630x310.jpg

Most important keys to the game: don't let Burfict get into your heads with after the whistle stuff and avoid injuries (especially Burfict plays).

Offensive Rankings:

PIT - Passing (5th), Rushing (19th), Scoring (12th)

CIN - Passing (28th), Rushing (31st), Scoring (25th)

Defensive Rankings:

PIT - Passing (3rd), Rushing (6th), Scoring (4th)

CIN - Passing (5th), Rushing (28th), Scoring (10th)

Don't get cute, get the running game going early.

hi-res-7b884b1d9de850cb40140d59a443e117_

And obviously use Brown when you can (nice to have the leading rusher and receiver).

antonio-brown.jpg

As for the most important part of the GDT:

5820827_orig.jpg

26acd2208cb3335b90e07c769fac3208.png

(Let me know if I need to change this one out again)

hot-sexy-steelers-fan.jpg

On 11/29/2017 at 3:12 AM, FourThreeMafia said:

...and thats what worries us.

A 6-6 Steeler team fighting for its playoff hopes goes into the stadium of the 'hapless' 1-11 Browns...

12/10/2009 Cleveland Browns Pittsburgh Steelers H Cleveland Browns Stadium (Cleveland, OH) W 13-6  

...more recent, you say?? How about a 2-0 (now 9-2) Steeler team going to face an OH & 2 (0-2, now 3-8) Bear team

09/24/2017 Pittsburgh Steelers Chicago Bears A Soldier Field (Chicago, IL) L 23-17, OT

Additionally, 2 weeks ago, the Ravens completely dismantle the Packers 23-0 @ Lambeau; the following week, however, the Steelers, at home,  'squeak' by the Packers 31-28, and only on a lucky 53yd FG as time expired.

These are the games the Steelers LOVE to lose. Plus, records/how 'good' a team is, goes out the window in AFCN divisional rivalry games.

Case in point; we destroyed the Ravens 26-9 in Baltimore earlier this season, yet be barely scraped by the Browns in week one.

2 hours ago, Ward4HOF said:

A 6-6 Steeler team fighting for its playoff hopes goes into the stadium of the 'hapless' 1-11 Browns...

12/10/2009 Cleveland Browns Pittsburgh Steelers H Cleveland Browns Stadium (Cleveland, OH) W 13-6  

...more recent, you say?? How about a 2-0 (now 9-2) Steeler team going to face an OH & 2 (0-2, now 3-8) Bear team

09/24/2017 Pittsburgh Steelers Chicago Bears A Soldier Field (Chicago, IL) L 23-17, OT

Additionally, 2 weeks ago, the Ravens completely dismantle the Packers 23-0 @ Lambeau; the following week, however, the Steelers, at home,  'squeak' by the Packers 31-28, and only on a lucky 53yd FG as time expired.

These are the games the Steelers LOVE to lose. Plus, records/how 'good' a team is, goes out the window in AFCN divisional rivalry games.

Case in point; we destroyed the Ravens 26-9 in Baltimore earlier this season, yet be barely scraped by the Browns in week one.

Most likely, we'll be fine.  These are the Steelers last 8 games in Cincy:  

Date Team Opponent H/A Stadium Result Attend
12/18/2016 Pittsburgh Steelers Cincinnati Bengals A Paul Brown Stadium (Cincinnati, OH) W 24-20 62,096
01/09/2016 * Pittsburgh Steelers Cincinnati Bengals A Paul Brown Stadium (Cincinnati, OH) W 18-16 63,257
12/13/2015 Pittsburgh Steelers Cincinnati Bengals A Paul Brown Stadium (Cincinnati, OH) W 33-20 65,564
12/07/2014 Pittsburgh Steelers Cincinnati Bengals A Paul Brown Stadium (Cincinnati, OH) W 42-21 65,512
09/16/2013 Pittsburgh Steelers Cincinnati Bengals A Paul Brown Stadium (Cincinnati, OH) L 20-10 64,585
10/21/2012 Pittsburgh Steelers Cincinnati Bengals A Paul Brown Stadium (Cincinnati, OH) W 24-17 63,411
11/13/2011 Pittsburgh Steelers Cincinnati Bengals A Paul Brown Stadium (Cincinnati, OH) W 24-17 63,262
11/08/2010 Pittsburgh Steelers Cincinnati Bengals A Paul Brown Stadium (Cincinnati, OH) W 27-21 65,626

I don't think motivation will be an issue going into this game. I get the "playing down to competition", but this is still the Bengals and guys like Burfict are still right across from you. I would highly doubt the Steelers are not mentally prepared for playing this game. 

You play the Browns, Colts, Packers (without Rogers), and yeah -- you get a little cocky to the point where you think you will roll right over. They wont do this against the Bengals who ever game in the last 4 years has nearly ended in some sort of blood bath. 

I have long since had a theory that Expectations for Tomlin on the way you conduct and hold yourself accountable as a grown man who has a professional job is a major part of both why players LOVE to be here and why we dont show up ready to play against the cupcake opponents. I dont believe Tomlin is a rah-rah type of guy. I think he does his job to prepare the team and believes that the players will do their "job" and mentally prepare themselves to play the game. That's why we we show up against the Patriots, Bengals, and Ravens but play down to the Browns and the Colts. Its easier for me as a 20 some year old to know the gravity of the situation against the top opponents but just as easy for me to get sucked into the hype of rolling over teams. And when you dont come out an punch those lower teams in the face early - if you have turnovers and allow big plays like we have - they stick around and give you a game. 

I think that's where we miss guys like Farrior, Clark, Porter, Hines, etc. I dont think we have that leadership in the locker room to get the other guys to match vet intensity and prepare others to do the jobs the coaches set in front of them. I think we have a lot of guys that lead by example on the field in AB and Heyward, but I dont know about inside the locker room. 

Archived