GDT: Pittsburgh (9-2) at Cincinnati (5-6)

skywlker32

It's been awhile since I've posted and busy at a new job missed you guys. So I'd be really surprised if Brown missed the game but even if he does if he's going to miss one this probably the game to miss not because we don't need him or anything like that but I think we need him more in the next two games. I expect this game to be a dogfight just like last week was I know we can maybe a tribute some of last week's game to playing down to a poor opponent or looking Beyond them but at the same time the Packers aren't really that bad they just don't have any at the moment. The Bangles aren't that bad either but they're also not that great if we are being honest however very much like the Packers they are fighting for their last playoff life. I really do believe this game is going to come down to what team get the better production on the ground. I expect adjustments to be made in regards to our secondary given how they played last week it was really their first bad game of the season but when it mattered most they came through. I expect us to win tonight but I don't necessarily expect as to win by 15 points like we did the first time around.

1 hour ago, August4th said:

with way the AFC playoffs is shaping up we might be better off with the 2 seed .ravens as the 6th seed might have it in them to upset NE in the div round

for whatever reason, the Ravens definitely play the Patriots better than we do, that's for sure

20 minutes ago, kethnaab said:

for whatever reason, the Ravens definitely play the Patriots better than we do, that's for sure

The Ravens defense is probably more talented than ours, at least IMO. They can get after it for sure. This remains to be seen after the Jimmy Smith injury.

Just now, MOSteelers56 said:

The Ravens defense is probably more talented than ours, at least IMO. They can get after it for sure. This remains to be seen after the Jimmy Smith injury.

they've had shutdown CB play, whereas we haven't. They definitely have a top notch and more consistent defense than ours.

Thankfully, their offense is a complete joke

1 hour ago, kethnaab said:

first, what is 1937? 

as for whatever reason, can't we remember our insanity at the DC playing soft zones vs brady? I expect this again in the regular season as well . Welcome back, but where did you go? I understand if you waited until the D actually improved and played non-zones.

Does this game really matter for Pitt or NE? Assuming all other games are won, who ever wins the head to head will hold the tie breaker. If Pats lose this week and win the following week and win out it doesn't matter. Same the other way.

Originally, I didn't really care about winning this game (more or less just considering giving Brown the day off to heal up), but after quickly looking this could be important to wrapping up the division as quickly as possible. 

If we win this week and beat the Ravens I think that wraps the division regardless of the rest of the year. Then if we beat the Pats, we are ahead in the conference with Houston and the Browns to go. I would feel pretty confident in that. I think we would just have to win 1 of those final two games and lock the top seed. 

So, all in all....let's go win this to get week 17 off.

Correct me if I am wrong though...

In reality if we beat the Ravens and The Bangles there's a chance that we will eliminate both of them. Obviously as far as the Ravens are concerned it depends on what some other teams do and the bills losing to the Patriots yesterday certainly doesn't help the bills case to get in but you just very likely that the charger is locked up one of the AFC Wildcard games if not win that Division I fully expect Kansas City or the Chargers and the Tennessee Titans or the Jacksonville Jaguars to lock up the Wild Card positions I don't expect a second AFC North team to get in

On 12/1/2017 at 7:09 AM, FourThreeMafia said:

It deserves to be mentioned that with 238 yards this Sunday, Ben will become just the 8th NFL QB to hit the 50,000 yard mark.

And with just 7 more sacks, he'll pass Phil Simms for 5th all time for career "Times Sacked" Woo-woo...oh...ok, let me try this again...

...with just one more 4th Qtr comeback, he'll break the current 5 QB tie (Ben, Brees, Eli, Favre, Tarkenton) with 30 4th Qtr CB, to tie the great Joe Montana for 6th All-Time.

Too bad Ben's just a...what was he the first 6-7 years in the league?? Oh, that's right, a game manager...

...oh, but now he's done, right??  I know, I'm jinxing him, but since that horrific game, he's only been 130/201 for 1679 yds, with 14 TDs and 5 INTs for a Passer Rating of 103.6. Dude sucks...

20 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Keth?

What the hell?

What year is this?

I usually hate this saying, but int his case it works...

"I know, right!"

I haven't exactly been what I would call active, but falling off the face of the planet for 3 years, keth, well, that's just uncalled for...

14 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Sounds about right.   :ph34r:

How ya been brother?    Hope everything is going well.

And yes, while I dont wish injury on anyone (even players I dont like), Burfict is the one guy Id laugh at if he say....tore both ACLs on the same play and then a piano fell on him.    Something like that.   

Don't be silly. There aren't Pianos at football games, but I'll pitch in to fly in an elephant to drop on him...or Rosie O'Donnell...

Archived