Josh Oliver Signs 3 Year Deal With Vikings

gopherwrestler

1 minute ago, PrplChilPill said:

Who the heck was going to pay that much? I feel like they bid against themselves here big time. 

Maybe wait to see what the actual details of the contract are? 🤷‍♂️ 

Even at $7M AAV, that’s only 3% of the cap. He’s obviously expected to have a sizable role, but it’s still only role player money. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, swede700 said:

Mundt turns 29, while Oliver turns 26 next week.  And Oliver might just be a better blocker and far more athletic.  

That literally doesn't make me feel any better about it unless he can also line up across from a WR

Edited by AP_allday2869
  • Like 1

Just now, SemperFeist said:

Maybe wait to see what the actual details of the contract are? 🤷‍♂️ 

Even at $7M AAV, that’s only 3% of the cap. He’s obviously expected to have a sizable role, but it’s still only role player money. 

What percent of the available cap is it.....how is this a better use of funds, than just putting a cheap OG out there? I get it, criticizing moves we don't agree with is unpopular here. 

• Like 2

Just now, AP_allday2869 said:

That literally doesn't make me feel any better about it.

I don't know why it makes anyone feel anything about it.  His intention is to build a better running game to support the pass...so they don't have to pass 62% of the time.  That's exactly what this move accomplishes.  People complain about Cook's effectiveness rushing last year...it may not have been all his fault.

Just now, PrplChilPill said:

What percent of the available cap is it.....how is this a better use of funds, than just putting a cheap OG out there? I get it, criticizing moves we don't agree with is unpopular here. 

Oh come on...

I think it's a better use of funds because this guy can actually play TE, for one. You can't even judge how the funds are allocated until the details of the deal are known.

1 minute ago, PrplChilPill said:

I personally don't understand how putting an OG out there improves anything.  How many teams put an OG in a TE spot?  I'm sure it happens, but I can't imagine that's all that prevalent. 

Just now, swede700 said:

I don't know why it makes anyone feel anything about it.  His intention is to build a better running game to support the pass...so they don't have to pass 62% of the time.  That's exactly what this move accomplishes.  People complain about Cook's effectiveness rushing last year...it may not have been all his fault.

We have 4 CB;s on the roster, and 2 are very injury prone. I'll be fine if we start signing defensive guys, but yeah... Although this signing should also help the screen game, which is nice, we just need defense, defense, and defense. 

We have 4 CB;s on the roster, and 2 are very injury prone. I'll be fine if we start signing defensive guys, but yeah... Although this signing should also help the screen game, which is nice, we just need defense, defense, and defense. 

You are right. Whenever you sign a tight end as your first free agent, you are done for the rest of the off-season. It is law.

I personally believe the moves in free agency will be more offensive-oriented.  I think they may add a defensive guy or 2, but I believe their goal on defense is to get younger and faster...that doesn't happen through free agency.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, wcblack34 said:

You are right. Whenever you sign a tight end as your first free agent, you are done for the rest of the off-season. It is law.

Because that's exactly what I said, right? I honestly have no idea how you got that from my post.

Edited by AP_allday2869
  • Like 1