MNF- Bengals/Steelers

Johnny Nix

2 hours ago, johndeere1707 said:

Let’s just hope for a competitive game...

In all seriousness it’s hard to balance wanting the Bengals to win and wanting Marvin Lewis gone. 

The thrill of beating the Steelers is almost worth Marvin being around for another year.

20 hours ago, theJ said:

The thrill of beating the Steelers is almost worth Marvin being around for another year.

My head and my heart are at such odds. If for some reason we needed the steelers to beat the Browns in week 17 to get into the playoffs I would still be rooting for the browns. Of what is on the rest of the schedule this game has the most depressing outcomes possible while also being a game that could be the end for Marv. 

On 11/28/2017 at 2:08 PM, johndeere1707 said:

Let’s just hope for a competitive game...

In all seriousness it’s hard to balance wanting the Bengals to win and wanting Marvin Lewis gone. 

against any other team.. yes.. but not this one.

I just wonder how long it will take the cheap shots and the refs to get Taze out of the game. 

probably around the 2nd quarter....and then mitchell and shazier and spear away

Only positive I see going into this game is that Vinney Rey and Nick Vigil are banged up and might not play.  While I love Vigil, our coaches are too stupid to use our LBs correctly.  The injuries might actually force Jordan Evans on the field more.  Rey and Vigil would have gotten eaten alive in the running game.  With Jordan Evans we might actually stand a chance.  But I'm sure our idiot coaches will still find a way to play Hardy Nickerson...

2 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

I have zero expectations of a win, so maybe I can find some sort of enjoyment watching this game.  Kind of like going to see a movie you think will suck, but was at least ok.

I don't expect a W either, but things I'm hoping for:

• Cover the spread.  It's around 7 right now, and I want us to at least be competitive (and not score a garbage time TD to cover but actually be a 1 score game for most of it).
  • Not go 3 and out 5+ times.
  • Burfict and Adam Jones actually act mature and don't do any dumb stuff on the field.
  • Steeler players have been taking some shots at us over social media.  For once I'd like our players to not respond and just go about their business in the game.  No after the whistle stuff, excessive celebrating, choreographed shots back at them, etc...  Just play the damn game without making a fool of yourself.
  • Jordan Evans plays more than 50% of the snaps on defense. This one is probably the least likely to happen.
  • OLine gives up some sacks but doesn't get completely dominated in the run game and passing game.
  • DLine actually applies pressure and doesn't get owned by the Steelers OL.
  • Less than 3 pass interference/holding calls against our DBs.
  • Andy Dalton doesn't play horribly.

MNF drinking game (alcoholic edition)

Please make sure you have enough drinks before playing and as always, please don’t drink and drive. 

- if John Ross is inactive, take a shot of your favorite liquor. 

- every time they show the Bengals record vs the Steelers, or Dalton’s record on prime time games drink 1/4 a beer

- for every Bengals offensive 3 and out drink half a beer

- for every 3rd and long conversion the Bengals defense gives up take a drink 

- for every camera shot of Marvin Lewis looking like a deer in the headlights with his mouth open, shotgun a beer

- if the Bengals score a TD, take a bathroom break, grab a snack, then grab some cold ones from the fridge in preparation for more drinking

- for every shot of Dalton missing a wide open AJ Green, or if Dalton throws a long ball to Green and it goes out of bounds take a shot

- for every negative Joe Mixon run take a sip

- If the the Bengals are down by 14 at halftime drink a beer

- for every sack Ogbeuhi gives up in the 2nd half take a drink 

- if Mixon is the leading receiver after halftime shotgun a beer

- if Green has at least 4 catches in the 4th quarter take a drink of water, if not take a swig of whisky

- for every Bullock PAT miss or FG miss take a big gulp 

*** BONUS Round ***

take a sip for:

- any fumbles either team

- huge punt return given up by either team

- Big Ben runs for positive yards

- Any Burfict penalty 

take a double shot for

- if Burfict/Pac-Man gets ejected

- if Kirkpatrick gets stiff armed to the ground again

- if Le’Veon Bell gets taken out by a Bengals player

drink 4 beers if: