MNF- Bengals/Steelers

Johnny Nix

47 minutes ago, Futbudds said:

Could they call this a catch without a fumble after Tomlin’s Challenge?

Yes they can. Similar to how they ruled a fumble and touch back on the Bears when John Fox challenged a play that was ruled down on the 1 and he had thought was a TD. It isn't an either A or B thing. If they see the outcome was actually C, they will change the call. 

24 minutes ago, theJ said:

I went to bed at halftime.  I'm going to pretend the game ended 17-3 and none of the maddening stuff you're talking about happened.

I wish I'd done that, instead I stayed up until 5 knowing we would blow a 17 point lead. I wasn't even upset when Boswell kicked the winner, just numb. Horrible officiating and some horrible play from both teams. Juju an Iloka should have got instant ejections for their hits and they need to have similar system to a red card in rugby. If you do something malicious or even reckless and dangerous without intent you can get sent off. Similar things should happen in football and it might cut down on the horrible head to head collisions we see every game that the NFL seems okay with and just tries to make it look like they care.

Despite the officiating discipline cost us. It seemed so uncharacteristic of Geno to push Ben over late and I don't know what he was thinking. Tez seemed to be one of the only playerswho kept his cool weirdly. Him getting in Bell's face early on was just on the edge but controlled and he knew what he was doing, a lot of the other stuff was just dumb. 

7 hours ago, Futbudds said:

So AB is screaming “karma” in the locker room while juju is being interviewed about the cheap shot on Burfict. Meanwhile AJ is talking about how all players need to be looking out about player safety on the field. 

#stealers

should Gio be yelling Karma about shazier????   could you imagine??? 

they ***** and moan about the big bully Burfict.. and then celebrate something like that...it's unreal 

That franchise has been dirty forever and will never change because the league loves them..and they don't have to... even their coach is shady (guess that's better than a clapping, smiling pile of goo though)

I think I hate them more than I like the Bengals

1 hour ago, fluhartz said:

#stealers

should Gio be yelling Karma about shazier????   could you imagine??? 

they ***** and moan about the big bully Burfict.. and then celebrate something like that...it's unreal 

That franchise has been dirty forever and will never change because the league loves them..and they don't have to... even their coach is shady (guess that's better than a clapping, smiling pile of goo though)

I think I hate them more than I like the Bengals

Here's the thing, Gio's injury last year was very unfortunate, it was obviously helmet to helmet contact.  Was it an intentional injury? I don't believe so.  It was unfortunate.  Was the injury to Shazier last night intentional? Obviously not, it was caused by poor tackling technique.  Was the injury to Burfict last night intentional? I don't believe so, he led with his shoulder but still made helmet to helmet contact.  The taunting was very unnecessary.

I love when Bengals fans refer to the Steelers as dirty..  Vontaze Burfict is the dirtiest player in the league.  His hit on Brown last year was arguably extremely intentional.  The guy yelling Karma, the ONLY GUY, was the same guy Burfict accused of "Faking" the injury.  What do you expect? JuJu Smith, the guy actually making the hit was owning up to his mistake and apologizing.  Did Burfict apologize for any of the dirty crap he's done? Nope.  The Burfict hit was followed by a helmet to helmet hit on Brown, retribution? Maybe, maybe not.

Beyond the ridiculousness that became last nights unnecessary physicality it was a great game.  Last nights biggest failure was poorly timed personal fouls and penalties by Cincinnati.  The holding call on Gio, was ticky tacky, it was holding BUT typically the type that goes uncalled.  To be fair, the Bengals got away with a blatant PI in the endzone near the end of the game, which would've given us the ball on the 1 yard line to take the lead most likely.  So, ultimately that holding call might not have changed anything at all.  We will never know.

Here's my point, when emotions get high people do stupid crap.  We saw a lot of that last night.  It's a division rival game, its to be expected.  

Archived