MNF- Bengals/Steelers

Johnny Nix

16 hours ago, INbengalfan said:

I couldn't DISAGREE more.  It actually takes both sides to stop it.  I know Marvin has tried to put an end to it every time we play, but all it takes is one hit to re-ignite the extra vengeance in every tackle.  Mike Tomlin was asked about the JuJu hit, and his replay was "Well, that's the way we play football".  That's all I need to hear.  So why should we sit there and take it?  I'm perfectly fine with Iloka's hit, because it's about flipping time that someone besides Burfict stands up for their teammates.  It's the same logic as school's punishing the victim of a bullying situation because they finally had enough of it.  The Steelers try to out-bully their opponents all the time.  how many cheap shots did Kizer take earlier this season?

I think i agree with you actually.  I spoke out of both sides of my mouth really.  In one breath saying they both need to cut it out, then saying one has to step up.

They both just need to cut it out.

19 hours ago, INbengalfan said:

I couldn't DISAGREE more.  It actually takes both sides to stop it.  I know Marvin has tried to put an end to it every time we play, but all it takes is one hit to re-ignite the extra vengeance in every tackle.  Mike Tomlin was asked about the JuJu hit, and his replay was "Well, that's the way we play football".  That's all I need to hear.  So why should we sit there and take it?  I'm perfectly fine with Iloka's hit, because it's about flipping time that someone besides Burfict stands up for their teammates.  It's the same logic as school's punishing the victim of a bullying situation because they finally had enough of it.  The Steelers try to out-bully their opponents all the time.  how many cheap shots did Kizer take earlier this season?

The other thing, did anyone catch in the broadcast they kept harping on the rules changes that have come out of dirty hits in this rivalry? There were 3 rules they pointed out. The Kimo hit on Carson, Hines Ward's crack back blocks and the 3rd one is escaping me (but was another Steelers dirty play)... Not a single rule had to be changed due to Bengals hits. Another rule that was changed that they didn't mention is coaches coming out on the field to confront the opposing team. The media can paint it anyway they want, the Steelers are the dirtiest team in the NFL. 

On 12/6/2017 at 7:09 PM, Carson4MVP said:

The other thing, did anyone catch in the broadcast they kept harping on the rules changes that have come out of dirty hits in this rivalry? There were 3 rules they pointed out. The Kimo hit on Carson, Hines Ward's crack back blocks and the 3rd one is escaping me (but was another Steelers dirty play)... Not a single rule had to be changed due to Bengals hits. Another rule that was changed that they didn't mention is coaches coming out on the field to confront the opposing team. The media can paint it anyway they want, the Steelers are the dirtiest team in the NFL. 

I am pretty sure that was already a rule... it just wasn't enforced because....you know... stealers 

Archived