Geno Smith to Start

Go_Giants

2 minutes ago, ny92jefferis said:

I have been.  Since Coughlin was released.

The Giants needed a new direction after 4 straight years without playoffs including 3 losing seasons. They didn't do that though. They promoted someone from the staff as a way to keep the status quo and save Eli's career. The bandaid kept for one year before the bone snapped.

1 minute ago, Acgott said:

The Giants needed a new direction after 4 straight years without playoffs including 3 losing seasons. They didn't do that though. They promoted someone from the staff as a way to keep the status quo and save Eli's career. The bandaid kept for one year before the bone snapped.

You might be ok with all this but I'm not.  Promoting the offensive coordinator was saving Eli's career?  Really, because it sounds like he can't wait to get him out the door.  Maybe you think Eli is done, but I don't.  I think what this front office did with Coughlin was crap, how Reese has been getting a free pass is crap, McAdoo's skills is crap and now what they are doing to Eli is crap.

I just can't be ok with this man.

2 minutes ago, ny92jefferis said:

You might be ok with all this but I'm not.  Promoting the offensive coordinator was saving Eli's career?  Really, because it sounds like he can't wait to get him out the door.  Maybe you think Eli is done, but I don't.  I think what this front office did with Coughlin was crap, how Reese has been getting a free pass is crap, McAdoo's skills is crap and now what they are doing to Eli is crap.

You misread me. I never said I agreed with this. Just pointing out what the Giants did. McAdoo was promoted because they were trying to save Eli's career and extend it. It worked for a little, then fell apart. I wanted a completely new start when Coughlin left. That included Reese. It didn't happen. I still want Reese and McAdoo fired. I agree the situation with Eli has been handled in the worst way possible. Its completely a joke.

Eli will be 37 next month. Even if you don't think he is done, they have to start looking for a replacement. They just completely butchered how it should have been done.

2 hours ago, ny92jefferis said:

McAdoo was promoted to help Eli's turnovers and extend Eli's career. It worked somewhat because Eli's turnovers did drop, and his career was lengthened, but ultimately nothing can stave's Eli decline forever. Eli is not simply not accurate enough when it comes to short passes, sees shadows in the pocket, is slow as molasses, is among the least hit QBs yet fumbles like his life depends on him, and holds back the offense. McAdoo is not to blame because Eli can't throw slants at a good enough clip to succeed in the West Coast. Rudolph is not to blame because Eli throws behind him. I'm tired of the excuses. I watch Eli miss screen passes and so does Mara. 

Next man up.

8 minutes ago, Ohbeejay said:

Eli was given the option to start. He declined. The QB position needs to be evaluated, considering how poorly we rank there. I don't see why people are upset. 

If anything, be upset at Eli for turning down the option to start. 

They shouldn't be asking him to come out in close games or games where they have a lead. Blowouts fine, but that wasn't the case.

3 minutes ago, Acgott said:

They shouldn't be asking him to come out in close games or games where they have a lead. Blowouts fine, but that wasn't the case.

Yes they should. Eli is not good, holding back the offense and threatening everyone's livelihoods. He was given a choice to come out and he chose against. That's fine. It's the right move to bench him, evaluate QBs and move on. The decision is made. It's not going away. The organization has moved on.

1 minute ago, celestial said:

Yes they should. Eli is not good, holding back the offense and threatening everyone's livelihoods. He was given a choice to come out and he chose against. That's fine. It's the right move to bench him, evaluate QBs and move on.

From the Giants reasoning (not yours). What would be the point of Eli playing one half.

1 minute ago, Acgott said:

Why isn't McAdoo giving more reps to Webb?

Because Webb sucks. He sucked in preseason practice and sucked against 4th stringers in preseason. I don't even think he scored a TD whereas a bulk of other drafted QBs scored multple TDs against better competition. McAdoo will give Webb some reps just to placate the fans, but he'll certainly draft a QB.

1 minute ago, celestial said:

Because Webb sucks. He sucked in preseason practice and sucked against 4th stringers in preseason. I don't even think he scored a TD whereas a bulk of other drafted QBs scored multple TDs against better competition.

What should the Giants do in the offseason.

2 minutes ago, Acgott said:

What should the Giants do in the offseason.

McAdoo will give Geno and Webb some live game reps this season to placate the fans, but if he sees nothing he likes, he should get to draft his QB and we go from there. Any 1st round rookie QB can win with Odell Beckham and Brandon Marshall.  Giants went 11-5 in 2016 with a dominant defense. 

2 minutes ago, celestial said:

McAdoo will give Geno and Webb some live game reps this season to placate the fans, but if he sees nothing he likes, he should get to draft his QB and we go from there. Any 1st round rookie QB can win with Odell Beckham and Brandon Marshall. 

Do you consider McAdoo a good coach? What do you like about him?

20 minutes ago, Acgott said:

Well the Giants are mathematically eliminated, so whether it's a close game or blow out, the outcome is not as important as the process of evaluating for next year. 

Ben McAdoo also needs to be evaluated as well, and it's only fair to him to see what the team looks like with another QB. 

It's the NY Football Giants, not the NY Football Eli's.

Archived