Geno Smith to Start

Go_Giants

1 hour ago, celestial said:

Geno played better with no running game and against a ferocious Raiders' pass rush than Eli did against a soft Cowboys' defense. Engram didn't reach close to setting any records with Eli against the Cowboys. This game cements the fact that Geno is better than Eli.

HEY GUYS PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT!! 2 games are now all it takes to determine which player is better than another! Disregard everything Eli has done since 2004 and also disregard the trash that Geno was as a Jet!

BTW pal check the other thread. I "STATISTICALLY" proved the cowboys have a better pass rush than the raiders. The raiders have been one of the worst defenses in football this season. Check the tapes and numbers. Cause they dont lie

On 12/12/2017 at 6:31 PM, mattbags2313 said:

HEY GUYS PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT!! 2 games are now all it takes to determine which player is better than another! Disregard everything Eli has done since 2004 and also disregard the trash that Geno was as a Jet!

BTW pal check the other thread. I "STATISTICALLY" proved the cowboys have a better pass rush than the raiders. The raiders have been one of the worst defenses in football this season. Check the tapes and numbers. Cause they dont lie

You really don't need to go to all this trouble, I doubt many people share his logic.

It isn't like Geno went in and won the game single handedly, the team still lost posting a score of 17 to 24, practically spot on the average of what they've scored and allowed the entire season.

Again I don't agree with this celestial guys tact or his tone... but I don't think he's wrong. At this point in his career Eli may just be an inferior QB to Geno. Right now both are below average QB's with accuracy issues and I just don't see Eli having a renaissance with the Gmen or anyone else. At least Geno brings mobility to the offense. I don't even think putting a stud Oline in front of Eli will help all that much. I saw him make plenty of throws this season where the blocking held up that were wildly off target. I understand guys having to contort, jump, dive etc for throws 15-20 yards down the field. But on 5 yard slants he needs to be on target and way to often he's not. I love the guy but his play has fallen enough that he's no longer a viable starting option. For the record I don't want Geno either.

On 12/15/2017 at 7:26 PM, Shockey1979 said:

Again I don't agree with this celestial guys tact or his tone... but I don't think he's wrong. At this point in his career Eli may just be an inferior QB to Geno. Right now both are below average QB's with accuracy issues and I just don't see Eli having a renaissance with the Gmen or anyone else. At least Geno brings mobility to the offense. I don't even think putting a stud Oline in front of Eli will help all that much. I saw him make plenty of throws this season where the blocking held up that were wildly off target. I understand guys having to contort, jump, dive etc for throws 15-20 yards down the field. But on 5 yard slants he needs to be on target and way to often he's not. I love the guy but his play has fallen enough that he's no longer a viable starting option. For the record I don't want Geno either.

Nobody is debating the fact that Eli has regressed and it's time to search for his replacement. To argue that Geno Smith is a better QB is just not based in any fact whatsoever. An opinion is one thing but Geno Smith has shown nothing in his entire career to suggest he is better than Eli. Does Geno have the potential to be a better QB than he has shown himself to be so far in his career? Of course. But Eli showed yesterday that he still has some good games left in him. You definitely can't expect that type of performance every game and he certainly needs to be more of a game manager but to say that Geno should play because he is more mobile is just accepting that the OL will never be fixed. This season is lost anyway so we should be talking about who should be QB in 2018 and in hopes that there will be OL improvements going into next year, I'd rather have Eli as my QB. 

Archived