Raiders sign CB Brandon Facyson

RaidersAreOne

Just now, Darbsk said:

I don’t know, that seems kind of expensive to me for an end of roster type guy doesn’t it?

It's really a one year deal and we're paying him what we were set to pay Averrett last year before he got hurt. $2.8M for someone that can be your #3/4 CB and start in a pinch is solid value.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

It's really a one year deal and we're paying him what we were set to pay Averrett last year before he got hurt. $2.8M for someone that can be your #3/4 CB and start in a pinch is solid value.

I guess so, just seems more than I’d like for him specifically. It’s certainly not extravagant though. If we bring back Rock which I like and we’ve got Hobbs and Amik and then we draft a rookie CB which I’d like, he’s going to be #4 or #5 possibly. 

Rock, Hobbs, Amik, Facyson plus one of the good rookies would be a pretty solid group IMO plus you’ve got the likes of Webb and Hall battling for roster spots maybe. I could live with that. Of course it all means Jack unless we beef up the DLine 🙂

1 minute ago, Darbsk said:

I guess so, just seems more than I’d like for him specifically. It’s certainly not extravagant though. If we bring back Rock which I like and we’ve got Hobbs and Amik and then we draft a rookie CB which I’d like, he’s going to be #4 or #5 possibly. 

Rock, Hobbs, Amik, Facyson plus one of the good rookies would be a pretty solid group IMO plus you’ve got the likes of Webb and Hall battling for roster spots maybe. I could live with that. Of course it all means Jack unless we beef up the DLine 🙂

Having 4-5 CBs you feel confident playing / starting is huge though, we've seen what happens when guys get hurt.

• Like 1

Just now, NYRaider said:

Having 4-5 CBs you feel confident playing / starting is huge though, we've seen what happens when guys get hurt.

Agreed, can’t have too many solid CBs just like you can’t have too many solid DLine!

6 hours ago, Darbsk said:

Forgot about Hall. He was really good in the games he played. I wonder if they are looking for him to play more this season?

15 hours ago, NYRaider said:

I'd feel better about signing a 4th CB on the second day of free agency if we had a 1st or 2nd CB, lol.

I get what you say, however I think we have our #2 and #3 already in Hobbs and Hall.

I think Tyler will be the NCB after his solid season last year and I think Hobbs will get the #2 spot.

We will re-sign Rock Ya-Sin, sign Sean Murphy-Bunting or draft our #1CB high...IMO

That makes Brandon our 4th guy and Amik our 5th/back up slot. Probably draft another guy later too.

Could be a solid group...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rolni said:

I get what you say, however I think we have our #2 and #3 already in Hobbs and Hall.

I think Tyler will be the NCB after his solid season last year and I think Hobbs will get the #2 spot.

We will re-sign Rock Ya-Sin, sign Sean Murphy-Bunting or draft our #1CB high...IMO

That makes Brandon our 4th guy and Amik our 5th/back up slot. Probably draft another guy later too.

I don't think Tyler Hall has shown enough to be counted on as a full time starter. And Hobbs looked pretty terrible playing on the outside last year, he might be purely a slot guy.

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

I don't think Tyler Hall has shown enough to be counted on as a full time starter. And Hobbs looked pretty terrible playing on the outside last year, he might be purely a slot guy.

We will see.

Hobbs was battling injuries too if I'm right...

Ideally Hobbs is #3, Hall backs him up and we get 2 true outside guys, but realistically I can see Hobbs #2 and Hall #3...

11 minutes ago, Rolni said:

We will see.

Hobbs was battling injuries too if I'm right...

Ideally Hobbs is #3, Hall backs him up and we get 2 true outside guys, but realistically I can see Hobbs #2 and Hall #3...

If we're depending on Hall to start for us, it's probably going to be a very long season.

34 minutes ago, Rolni said:

I can see that potentially happening.

What I'd ideally like to do is bring back Rock as CB #2, then draft a promising CB #1 like Witherspoon, Gonzalez or Porter (potentially after a small trade back, I'd be happy with whichever of those falls). If we traded back to the teens then we could potentially add a second-round pick for someone moving up for QB #4. I'd move Hobbs back to NCB where he excelled as a rookie and we'd have the following:

CB1 - Witherspoon/Gonzalez/Porter

CB2 - Ya Sin

NCB - Hobbs

Depth - Facyson, Amik, Hall, Webb

I think that would be a nice, deep group with the last 4 all battling it out for roster spots and the losers hopefully being able to be retained on PS in case of injuries. I also feel that gives us a little leeway if the rookie struggles a bit we can potentially move Hobbs, Amik or Facyson outside.

• Like 2