Taylor Heinicke to the Falcons: In Memoriam Thread

MikeT14

Well this one stings. Seemed like the ideal back up and spot starter especially considering he somehow wins more than loses when he played here. Between Wentz and Fitz we paid $38M in two seasons for basically nothing. I think they could've worked something out to keep Taylor.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

He got a bag - two years and up to $20 million. Good for him.

For everyone that thought Taylor would return and be affordable, here you go. 

I think this is best for Taylor. When they benched him for Wentz, there was no saving face. Glad he got his money, hope he buys lots of sneakers with it. Good luck on the Falcons. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, aceinthehouse said:

So Heinicke wasn't dirt cheap. Lol

I want someone real, real cheap. Even if I don't even know his name.

I want our QB room to be under 3M. Lol

Draft another rookie on day 3 of the draft for cheap.

So who's out there, that would cost less than 2M a year?

That usually breeds success. "Lets see just how cheap we can make the most important position in Football" is what most winning organizations strive for. 

Edited by lavar703
  • Like 4

10 minutes ago, aceinthehouse said:

So Heinicke wasn't dirt cheap. Lol

I want someone real, real cheap. Even if I don't even know his name.

I want our QB room to be under 3M. Lol

Draft another rookie on day 3 of the draft for cheap.

So who's out there, that would cost less than 2M a year?

Jake Fromm

23 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

For everyone that thought Taylor would return and be affordable, here you go. 

I think this is best for Taylor. When they benched him for Wentz, there was no saving face. Glad he got his money, hope he buys lots of sneakers with it. Good luck on the Falcons. 

We paid Fitzpatrick $10M to be our starter and he was 39-years old and sucked. Heinicke was worth what he got and we could afford it. Not to mention I'm sure the $20M total is heavily incentivized. I would have to guess we get someone extremely cheap. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

We paid Fitzpatrick $10M to be our starter and he was 39-years old and sucked. Heinicke was worth what he got and we could afford it. Not to mention I'm sure the $20M total is heavily incentivized. I would have to guess we get someone extremely cheap. 

I think there are a good amount of people here that over valued Heinicke. You said Fitz was paid 10M to start. Heinicke is getting paid to back up Ridder. He will do great at that and will be compensated well for it. If they do plan on giving Howell a fair shake, this had to be done. After the drama last year and this teams undying love for the back up QB, keeping him could have hindered Howells growth. 

12 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

I think there are a good amount of people here that over valued Heinicke. You said Fitz was paid 10M to start. Heinicke is getting paid to back up Ridder. He will do great at that and will be compensated well for it. If they do plan on giving Howell a fair shake, this had to be done. After the drama last year and this teams undying love for the back up QB, keeping him could have hindered Howells growth. 

His biggest supporter got fired too. Who knows how he'll do in a completely new system. Wish him all the Luck in Atlanta ! Great person, teammate. Probably best he's not returning . Man I hate the F A s that out there now though . UGH !~