Raiders sign WR Jakobi Meyers (3 years, $33M, $21M gtd)

RaidersAreOne

2 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Hollins is not a #W2.

There’s no need for TRUE WR2 when Jimmy G is your QB and you have a volume slot WR.  

you think Jimmy G’s throwing over 450-475 passes?  No way.  

you don’t spend major bucks on a WR2.  Maybe you want someone besides Hollins but you don’t waste 11M on Meyers.  11m is going to get you 50-55 catches for 550-600 yds.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

There’s no need for TRUE WR2 when Jimmy G is your QB and you have a volume slot WR.  

you think Jimmy G’s throwing over 450-475 passes?  No way.  

you don’t spend major bucks on a WR2.  Maybe you want someone besides Hollins but you don’t waste 11M on Meyers.  11m is going to get you 50-55 catches for 550-600 yds.  

He had 67 for 800 yards and 6 Yds last year with the likes of Mac Jones and freaking Zappe at the helm with Matt Patricia calling plays. $11M is very fair and he should easily replicate those numbers with DA taking all the pressure off.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Geezy said:

Dude…we have one starter on defense and a terrible OL. 

Thank the past regime for that. And that does not change the fact this FA Dline class is weak. And you don't want to overpay a OG right now. 

It's day 2 of FA. Maybe reserve judgment until things take shape. That's all I am saying. 

Also, you're not going to magically fix the defense that has been neglected in the draft for years in one FA. 

1 minute ago, big_palooka said:

Thank the past regime for that. And that does not change the fact this FA Dline class is weak. And you don't want to overpay a OG right now. 

It's day 2 of FA. Maybe reserve judgment until things take shape. That's all I am saying. 

Also, you're not going to magically fix the defense that has been neglected in the draft for years in one FA. 

Yeah I agree. You need to draft good OL/DL. They are way too expensive to build your OL/DL in free agency.

• Like 2

Just now, big_palooka said:

Again, when can we start holding these guys accountable? The old regime has been gone for two off-seasons and you’re still blaming them. If it was Gruden trading high picks, spending all this money on offensive skill positions, you’d be throwing a fit. 

• Like 1

Just now, bucksavage1 said:

The NFL successful teams the last 2-3 years had deep WR/ passing options. Eagles,Chiefs, Bengals, Buccaneers, Rams. This goes along that route

They all were strong upfront too, minus Bengals OL. 

3 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

The NFL successful teams the last 2-3 years had deep WR/ passing options. Eagles,Chiefs, Bengals, Buccaneers, Rams. This goes along that route

But I thought our O was stacked last year with DA Foster and Hollins as our receivers for a lot of the season 🤣

Injuries happen. I dont hate this signing at all, just scared what it means for Renfrow. Lot of $ tied up into WR. 
DA  Renfrow   Waller    Myers - - > With Jacobs (edited) under neath is pretty scary if everyone can stay on the field

Edited by BackinBlack