Raiders sign WR Jakobi Meyers (3 years, $33M, $21M gtd)

RaidersAreOne

1 minute ago, Jeremy408 said:

"Hey everyone Defense was one of the worst in the league. I know how to solve it. We'll swap quarterbacks and get another receiver! duh"

Let’s get in shootouts with a mid, injury prone QB behind a bad OL! 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

He had 67 for 800 yards and 6 Yds last year with the likes of Mac Jones and freaking Zappe at the helm with Matt Patricia calling plays. $11M is very fair and he should easily replicate those numbers with DA taking all the pressure off.

He was the top option in NE…. We have Adams, Waller, Renfrow AND it’s clear as day we’ll be passing less now.

funny thing is I was Meyers biggest fan as a UDFA signing.  But the guys limited and 11M is too much for US right now and we have way greater needs. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Geezy said:

Again, when can we start holding these guys accountable? The old regime has been gone for two off-seasons and you’re still blaming them. If it was Gruden trading high picks, spending all this money on offensive skill positions, you’d be throwing a fit. 

When we know what the overall roster looks like and the long term vision for QB. 

I'm blaming the old regime, because their negligent drafting is why this defense is so terrible and void of talent and it will be for a while. You can't fix the hole they left in FA. You have to fix it through the draft. 

What FA signings do you want right now on defense that will change the trajectory of the defense? Genuinely curious. 

1 minute ago, bucksavage1 said:

If this was June 15 and mini camp has started you’ll have a point but it is day 2 of the offseason 

We’ll see, we all assumed they’d do something with the OL last year too and ended up with Bars and a 3rd rd pick. 

1 minute ago, big_palooka said:

When we know what the overall roster looks like and the long term vision for QB. 

I'm blaming the old regime, because their negligent drafting is why this defense is so terrible and void of talent and it will be for a while. You can't fix the hole they left in FA. You have to fix it through the draft. 

What FA signings do you want right now on defense that will change the trajectory of the defense? Genuinely curious. 

Bradberry would be big. Or Poyer. Just more impact guys in the secondary.

• Like 2

I’d be happy with some depth signings on defense to be honest. We’re so depleted on that side I’m not even looking at high end guys. I don’t have any issues with Epps or Facyson even if they might not even start. We need to fill holes now so that we are not reaching on need and showing our hand in the draft. We been here before. 

3 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

I’d prefer some younger guys that weren’t so pricey. Dudes with upside that can start. Dean would’ve been nice. 

3 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

I would be a fan of either. Need leadership on the backend. I think that will happen. 

Same time, both are aging, best football is behind them to a degree which is what you get in FA. 

Just now, Geezy said:

I’d prefer some younger guys that weren’t so pricey. Dudes with upside that can start. Dean would’ve been nice. 

He re-signed with his own team. Which most good young players do. 

What other young guys with upside do you see out there who can change the direction of the team? Names, not some vague answer. 

He re-signed with his own team. Which most good young players do. 

What other young guys with upside do you see out there who can change the direction of the team? Names, not some vague answer. 

Zach Allen didn’t break the bank, Long didn’t either I know he has injury issues but he has nice upside. Donovan Wilson was a nice re sign or I can’t mention re signings? They were available for everybody. 

6 minutes ago, Geezy said:

I’d be happy with some depth signings on defense to be honest. We’re so depleted on that side I’m not even looking at high end guys. I don’t have any issues with Epps or Facyson even if they might not even start. We need to fill holes now so that we are not reaching on need and showing our hand in the draft. We been here before. 

Depth signings are ones that cost under 2.5m whereas Epps is 6m.  That’s the issue, we pay for starters and get depth pieces.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Geezy said:

depth signings dont really come first day or two though to be fair. 
being patient is fine. . . I expect some moves to come this afternoon / tomorrow 

9 minutes ago, Geezy said:

Zach Allen didn’t break the bank, Long didn’t either I know he has injury issues but he has nice upside. Donovan Wilson was a nice re sign or I can’t mention re signings? They were available for everybody. 

I'm asking for names on the market, right now.... what you got?