Raiders sign WR Jakobi Meyers (3 years, $33M, $21M gtd)

RaidersAreOne

6 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

I would be extremely open to moving on from Renfrow. I have never seen a player look as lost as he was. Think the fit isn’t there and the Raiders could benefit from moving on while getting a productive WR in Meyers back.

I actually think they might with this signing if you trade Renfrow you gain 2mil in cap space plus a pick.

Trading Renfrow would is saves 5.8 mil in cap and they would take 7.3 mil in dead cap. 

I don't think they are trading him. McDaniels always liked having multiple options in the slot. Meyers can play outside as well. Allows them to be multiple and have option if someone goes down ala Renfrow. 

To me, this is about getting a guy familiar with your offense and getting deeper at a weak WR position. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Trading Renfrow would is saves 5.8 mil in cap and they would take 7.3 mil in dead cap. 

I don't think they are trading him. McDaniels always liked having multiple options in the slot. Meyers can play outside as well. Allows them to be multiple and have option if someone goes down ala Renfrow. 

To me, this is about getting a guy familiar with your offense and getting deeper at a weak WR 

Never mind yeah it doesn't make sense to trade him.

Edited by raidr4life
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, KlenlyKenny said:

Love it. The team definitely needed a #2. The off-season is heading in the right direction, I think they can key in on the draft at this point and find some good young players. Hopefully on defense. 

Great point. We are still very young in the offseason and 7mil per year for a #2 is great. 

I think the Draft especially in the mid rounds will go to defense. 

2 hours ago, big_palooka said:

I'm asking for names on the market, right now.... what you got? 

I Iiked Zach Allen, Donovan Wilson, David Long and Jamel Dean at their price tags. Also would have like Shaq Mason for a late round pick swap(see im not anti- ex Pat) 

Id take a look at the following

OG Seumalo

DT A'Shawn Robinson, Ioniddis, Rankins, Poona Ford

LB Drue Tranquill, Cole Holcomb, Kyzir White, Azeez Al-Shaair

CB Isaiah Oliver

These are younger types that I feel wont break the bank while filling needs and have starting experience/upside. Fill needs in FA, then draft and develop. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

Well McD got his QB and his WR so he better come thru on offense this year, or he’s gotta go!

I can’t imagine how this works without someone that can spread the defense out.

were going to stretch the field horizontally lol to be fair they really never had deep speed in NE. Their best pass catchers were slots(Edelman, Welker) TEs (Gronk, Hernandez) RBs(Faulk, White)

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Geezy said:

I Iiked Zach Allen, Donovan Wilson, David Long and Jamel Dean at their price tags. Also would have like Shaq Mason for a late round pick swap(see im not anti- ex Pat) 

Id take a look at the following

OG Seumalo

DT A'Shawn Robinson, Ioniddis, Rankins, Poona Ford

LB Drue Tranquill, Cole Holcomb, Kyzir White, Azeez Al-Shaair

CB Isaiah Oliver

These are younger types that I feel wont break the bank while filling needs and have starting experience/upside. Fill needs in FA, then draft and develop. 

Billings and Poona Ford please then look at a DT like Adebawore or Kancey in the draft if they drop into our range.

Tranquill and Olivier would be nice too as well as resigning Harmon to be our field general back there.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, bucksavage1 said:

I swear some people complain about every signing

I swear I've been optimistic with just about every move we've made the last decade. Even McDaniels. But at this point, I'm beginning to doubt our ability to have success next year. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

Billings and Poona Ford please then look at a DT like Adebawore or Kancey in the draft if they drop into our range.

Tranquill and Olivier would be nice too as well as resigning Harmon to be our field general back there.

Yeah my wishlist is Billings and Sheldon Rankins but I like Ford too.

• Like 1