Raiders sign WR Jakobi Meyers (3 years, $33M, $21M gtd)

RaidersAreOne

2 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Meyers is a great slot WR. We already had one in Renfrow, but I guess they didn’t like him in their system. This signing means Renfrow is gone most likely. Meyers is a pure slot WR and so is Renfrow. 

Not true. Pats fans chimed in NFL Gen and their forum noting he can play on the outside. Also 1/3 of his snaps came on the outside.

Just now, RaidersAreOne said:

Not true. Pats fans chimed in NFL Gen and their forum noting he can play on the outside. Also 1/3 of his snaps came on the outside.

Well I stand corrected. But he is mostly effective from the slot. That’s his game. Thinking he is gonna be an outside guy for us primarily while Renfrow works the slot is naive. Renfrow is likely gone IMO.

44 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

How? It’s a 2 year deal?  Push nearly everything til next year?  Really doesn’t work.

Ah, I thought it was longer 😟 …….I guess that is a non starter then unless we can add a year or two

2 minutes ago, Geezy said:

He’s in the other thread arguing with Pats fans who’ve watched him every week for the last 4 years lol 

Not a single one of them are saying he’s just as good on the outside as he is in the slot. Just that he can still work the outside. The fact is he’s much better IN the slot. 

3 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Not a single one of them are saying he’s just as good on the outside as he is in the slot. Just that he can still work the outside. The fact is he’s much better IN the slot. 

He works in concepts that McDaniels system run, which can coexist with Renfrow. Like Edelman and Amendola. That’s what’s important. This ain’t the 90s where you always have two guys out wide 90% of the time. 

47 minutes ago, BigD1123 said:

I'm more worri3d that Tae is forcing a trade than I am Renfrow being traded. There is language to get out of Tae's contract for next to nothing. I'm worried Meyers may be our number 1 not number 2.

There's Zero chance they trade away Adams a year after giving up a first and a second unless they get a first and a second back. At least, not without being fired. 

1 hour ago, NickButera said:

There's Zero chance they trade away Adams a year after giving up a first and a second unless they get a first and a second back. At least, not without being fired. 

We'd have to eat way too much dead money to trade him.