Darren Waller Traded to the Giants

big_palooka

7 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

They’re also paid the best on the team

So was Carr.

They know their value as well, if neither wanted to be here they could easily force a trade. 100% the jets would try to trade for Adams. Im sure Crosby would have a market too. In the NFL if you’re a superstar you can force your way out of any situation. 

14 hours ago, FloydFan said:

Honestly this is how I feel about Jacobs as well at this point. Run him into the damn ground again this year and then say goodbye. 

What’s weird about Jacobs is he comes from Alabama which is ran by Saban a Belichek disciple. You’d think he’d be used to this coaching style. 

• Like 1

On 3/18/2023 at 6:11 PM, BayRaider said:

So he’s not suppose to demand respect because he hasn’t proven it? How tf is he suppose to coach the team? Everyone knew it was going to be the Patriot way. Do your f***in job, handle criticism well, or gtfo. Carr and Waller clearly can’t handle criticism or the Patriot way. I already knew that about Carr. And it doesn’t surprise me with Waller. 

Davante Adams and Maxx Crosby are true professionals. 

I wouldn’t be shocked if we traded Jacobs too because his personality doesn’t fit the Patriot way, he’s always whining. I would prefer to run Jacobs into the ground though. Enjoy your 375 carries and FA payday. We’ll rock Zeus and someone else in a committee for 2024. Zeus is a great talent. 

That's kind of my point. He simply doesn't have the respect as a HC to walk in and instill that kind of attitude. Hard to roll with a "my way or the highway, get with it or get out" style when your way was a flaming dumpster fire last time you had a HC job.

• Like 1

On 3/18/2023 at 9:18 AM, big_palooka said:

This is completely off base in the fact they did not try to trade him and in fact turned a trade with GB down reportedly twice. 

Marcus missing me with this one. How can you say they tried to trade him, when they had a good offer and didn't trade him? Makes no sense.

Yep, first thing I thought. Lol! Some writers I swear live A) for controversy cuz it sells and B) to hate on the raiders cuz it’s either fun or a team they just don’t like.

either way, multiple reliable sources said we turned down offers from GB. Nuff said. 

10 minutes ago, Devilshark69 said:

Yep, first thing I thought. Lol! Some writers I swear live A) for controversy cuz it sells and B) to hate on the raiders cuz it’s either fun or a team they just don’t like.

either way, multiple reliable sources said we turned down offers from GB. Nuff said. 

Raider fans are so insecure it's easy to rile them up for click bait. They will frame anything to paint McDaniels as a bad guy because they know it will get a ton of traction. 

• Like 1

On 3/18/2023 at 10:09 AM, Dessie said:

Different take on Waller. If this true then we are back to Gruden levels of lying to players, not a great look.

I can see this.  We know Waller was being talked about in the trade for Adams.  It very well be, the only reason he wasn't traded then was because of the franchise tag rule of not being traded for players.  If the Raiders and Packers had agreed to terms and then the NFL squashed it, I'm guessing Waller knew by that point.  Also would explain Wallers behavior last year and lack of effort to get back on the field.

Honestly, it makes a ton of sense in hindsight.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, true2form said:

I can see this.  We know Waller was being talked about in the trade for Adams.  It very well be, the only reason he wasn't traded then was because of the franchise tag rule of not being traded for players.  If the Raiders and Packers had agreed to terms and then the NFL squashed it, I'm guessing Waller knew by that point.  Also would explain Wallers behavior last year and lack of effort to get back on the field.

Honestly, it makes a ton of sense in hindsight.

It doesn't, when they could have traded him at the deadline for a 2 and didn't do it. 

Whatever lead to this trade happened this offseason imo. 

2 hours ago, big_palooka said:

It doesn't, when they could have traded him at the deadline for a 2 and didn't do it. 

Whatever lead to this trade happened this offseason imo. 

Or they didn’t trade him at the deadline because they just gave him a new deal and we’re trying to make it work. 

• 3 weeks later...

Feels like Occam’s Razor applies here.

Last year McD and Ziegler thought we had a competitive team after that improbable playoff appearance. Trading Waller made us less competitive.

After we were exposed as a pretender talent wise, he became expendable.  Whatever went on behind closed doors might have contributed as well.  As he’s full year older, he was worth less to other teams hence the 3rd.

• Like 1

On 3/19/2023 at 11:22 AM, Chali21 said:

What’s weird about Jacobs is he comes from Alabama which is ran by Saban a Belichek disciple. You’d think he’d be used to this coaching style. 

It’s not a discipline thing.  
Saban and Belicheck are both disciplinarians at points that also relate to players.  Example, Nick Saban’s notorious for giving players, who deserve it, second chances because he believes young men make mistakes and it’s better to keep them in the system then kick them out into a no structure environment where they’re likely to fail.  
Belicheck isn’t the guy you see with the media when it comes to players, many players have said he’s relatable once you’ve earned it.

JMD just plays the hard ask boss 24/7 and has no flex.  That’s his problem.  He doesn’t gain players respect, I don’t think he values them enough. They’re just pawns meant to carry out his plan.  When his plan doesn’t work they get blamed for not carrying it out perfectly.  He never holds himself accountable.

• Like 1

On 4/8/2023 at 9:53 AM, jimkelly02 said:

JMD just plays the hard ask boss 24/7 and has no flex.  That’s his problem.  He doesn’t gain players respect, I don’t think he values them enough. They’re just pawns meant to carry out his plan.  When his plan doesn’t work they get blamed for not carrying it out perfectly.  He never holds himself accountable.

This works if you can win. To be fair many players have said BB is not relateable, great players too . But when you're the stubborn head coach who only accepts it done your way, it only works if your way wins. If we go another year and JMD can't pull out a winning record, players will start questioning his way and start wondering why he doesn't accept any input from players. 

2 hours ago, NickButera said:

This works if you can win. To be fair many players have said BB is not relateable, great players too . But when you're the stubborn head coach who only accepts it done your way, it only works if your way wins. If we go another year and JMD can't pull out a winning record, players will start questioning his way and start wondering why he doesn't accept any input from players. 

That’s very true… winning cures all.  But when your losing and dealing with issues with the coach it’s a bad situation.

I have no doubts Belicheck has been very cold at points in his career and isn’t relatable with every player.

My main thing is… I don’t give any value to a perfect plan on paper that can’t be carried out by the players we have.  Give me the plan that’s going to work on the field.  On the field is an imperfect situation.  That’s what coaching is all about.

Edited by jimkelly02

2 hours ago, jimkelly02 said:

That’s very true… winning cures all.  But when your losing and dealing with issues with the coach it’s a bad situation.

I have no doubts Belicheck has been very cold at points in his career and isn’t relatable with every player.

My main thing is… I don’t give any value to a perfect plan on paper that can’t be carried out by the players we have.  Give me the plan that’s going to work on the field.  On the field is an imperfect situation.  That’s what coaching is all about.

That is what your idea of coaching is all about.

As I posted in another thread, McDaniels and Belichick are from the Bill Parcells coaching tree. Military style operation and discipline. No individual is bigger than the team. Players do their job and the promise is competing for championships. With exception of McDaniels, they have a lot of pelts on their wall in this method. 

Now, how this works in the modern this "me first, get the bag, celebrity player" NFL is up for debate. 

Some players in the vein of Adams, Crosby. Or any number of Patriot star of their years they were professionals. Wanted to win at all cost. Want to be pushed and can take to a military order of things. 

Not all players are going to buy in because most players are not about that life. They are about the money and having a good time. 

As I said when McDaniels was hired and why I preach patience is you cannot force this kind of change in culture quickly. They would need to turn over the roster in their image and should be given 3 years to do it. Mark hired an authoritative regime on the backs of Gruden regime, there was going to be a bumpy rode in personnel early on. You can like it or not.. but hard to argue a change in culture was not needed for decades now.