Darren Waller Traded to the Giants

big_palooka

7 minutes ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

DHB is a WR that can’t catch I feel the same way about AR he’s a QB who can’t throw

Something that opened my eyes recently is that he has only thrown for 390 passes in his college career. It's miniscule compared to other QB's, especially guys like Hooker who has almost 1000 pass attempts to his name. Not sure if this is encouraging, giving another reason -  he hasn't had time to hone in his accuracy, or discouraging in that you're getting a player who has barely played the position comparatively. But it certainly is a lack of data. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, NickButera said:

Something that opened my eyes recently is that he has only thrown for 390 passes in his college career. It's miniscule compared to other QB's, especially guys like Hooker who has almost 1000 pass attempts to his name. Not sure if this is encouraging, giving another reason -  he hasn't had time to hone in his accuracy, or discouraging in that you're getting a player who has barely played the position comparatively. But it certainly is a lack of data. 

It is an interesting dilemma. 

On one hand you can make the argument that he needs more seasoning (I think he should've returned to UF myself) before he's a finished product. And given the lack of reps, he's probably nowhere near what he could be. 

On the other, is the NFL really where you're going to lean to play QB to that degree? 

The coach and GM that takes him..... they've got balls, I'll say that. 

Edited by ronjon1990
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, jimkelly02 said:

Why do you care how I feel?   Seriously.   I wouldn’t say I care how you feel or take 2 seconds to ask. You don’t.  You just like arguing.  Keep it real. 🤡

That moment you realize that Tom Cable still has a better record as a HC than Josh McDaniels......

• Like 3

1 minute ago, NickButera said:

#bringbackHue, #Huestonwehaveaproblem, #HueknowItstrue, #TheHuenaverseIsGivingUsASign..... #HueHashtagsAreFun

Hue's busy getting his affairs in order lol. Dude got himself into a bit of a bind. 

That said, 6-10 in an injury plagued season following a surprise playoff run got JDR canned. 

I know he's not everyone's cup of tea, but he definitely has McDaniels beat in the HC department by like a mile. 

In all reality, we seem to play better ball under rah rah type HCs (JDR, Rich, Cable) than the slick corporate suit types. I really wish we'd have grabbed someone that fit the mold better. I don't care what anyone says about him, Dan Campbell is one of the most impressive coaches in the league right now for how quickly he turned that garbage pile in Detroit around with some major buzz. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Hue's busy getting his affairs in order lol. Dude got himself into a bit of a bind. 

That said, 6-10 in an injury plagued season following a surprise playoff run got JDR canned. 

I know he's not everyone's cup of tea, but he definitely has McDaniels beat in the HC department by like a mile. 

In all reality, we seem to play better ball under rah rah type HCs (JDR, Rich, Cable) than the slick corporate suit types. I really wish we'd have grabbed someone that fit the mold better. I don't care what anyone says about him, Dan Campbell is one of the most impressive coaches in the league right now for how quickly he turned that garbage pile in Detroit around with some major buzz. 

I’m of the opinion I’ll take a HC who is loved by his players (Rich Bisaccia) AND a true leader… then hire quality Coordinators who handle the offensive, defensive, ST fully.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Man... this season is going to be so good. I hope y'all have still have this energy when the time comes. 

With terrible QB play (your words), and our TE and #2 WR going down, we were still 9th in passing TDs, and 11th in passing yards... last year

You agree it is fair, to expect a top 10 passing attack this year? 
It will be fair to criticize JMD if we do not have a top 10 passing attack? or just a top 10 O in general?

Again we were 12th in points and yards, and thats with terrible QB play. 
-

No ifs or buts, if we dont improve on O, its on JMD. We had what a lot are calling piss poor qb play but still were able to move the ball and score half decent. 
-
People like to act like we were garbage last year, but, it is far from guaranteed we become a top 10 O, 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, BackinBlack said:

With terrible QB play (your words), and our TE and #2 WR going down, we were still 9th in passing TDs, and 11th in passing yards... last year

It will be fair to criticize JMD if we do not have a top 10 passing attack? or just a top 10 O in general?

-

No ifs or buts, if we dont improve on O, its on JMD. We had what a lot are calling piss poor qb play but still were able to move the ball and score half decent. 
-
People like to act like we were garbage last year, but, it is far from guaranteed we become a top 10 O, 

The goalposts of will move then JMD’s ‘24 offense moves the ball next year. Lol.

your spot on tho, JMD has basically established that his offense was stagnated by Carr’s poor play and given the pocketbook was opened to add the players he wanted and get rid of the others he didn’t…. If this offense doesn’t see improvement from last year and to be honest it should be decent one at that…. Then JMD has to take responsibility for that, and I think it should be his job.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, jimkelly02 said:

The goalposts of will move then JMD’s ‘24 offense moves the ball next year. Lol.

your spot on tho, JMD has basically established that his offense was stagnated by Carr’s poor play and given the pocketbook was opened to add the players he wanted and get rid of the others he didn’t…. If this offense doesn’t see improvement from last year and to be honest it should be decent one at that…. Then JMD has to take responsibility for that, and I think it should be his job.

I hope for the best and Jimmy has his best season yet. But if things go south, I honestly think JMD needs to get an assistant HC before we get rid of him completely. 

I think he is a very smart football mind. But I fear he may be in a little over his head at the moment. 
I hope he makes me eat crow though. 

• Like 1

On 4/15/2023 at 11:15 AM, BackinBlack said:

-

-

I don't think the QB play was upgraded. I expect the offense to be more balanced, better in the red zone without as many splash plays. The talent is certainly there to be a top 10 passing attack, but I don't think that alone is a measure to be judged on. 

Improvement would mean, better red zone efficiency. Better 3rd down efficiency. More balance and not letting up late in games. That is how I'm gauging the offense. The red zone being an area that I expect marked improvement with Carr gone. 

I think JMD called a good offense, with some notable ridiculous play calls that need be omitted. And stretches where they were way to one dimensional. I put that on him not trusting Carr in spots, but we can't see that this year. Overall, guys were open and I think Carr left a lot of plays yards on the field. 

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
On 4/14/2023 at 7:54 AM, NCOUGHMAN said:

*tin foil hat on* old bill got scared when we finally made the playoffs and sent jmd to wreck shi and set us back another decade *tin foil hat off*

LOL Can't believe I didn't see this til now. lol