Darren Waller Traded to the Giants

big_palooka

2 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

so what, was the plan to just waste a year and be mediocre to get half the fan base on board with tearing it down?

I stil think a lot of raider fans wouldve been fine with trading carr last offseason, especialy if he got us a pick. 

Carr sure... but that's because 50% of the fan base hated him.

They liked Carr, wanted him and committed to him. Committed to and beefed up the skills spots around him. Media legit thought Carr was a 5000 yard QB and going to light the world on fire in this offense. He didn't live up to the contract and now they are resetting without him. Getting rid of an injury prone, 31 year old one-dimensional TE is a step in that process.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, big_palooka said:

The revisionist history here is amazing.... at the time, the majority were praising the staff for committing to these guys. They loved the Chandler Jones signing, etc. 

Now.... every move they make people want to hate on it.

They are clearly resetting and looking to the future.... will it work out, I guess we wait and see. 

They tried to go for it with the existing core and it didn’t work. I get it. Are there things I’d have done differently, sure but this is the front office and you have to give them the ability to make the team they want or you end up right back in the Al Davis cycle of suck and switching out coaches and everything every two years. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

This shi should’ve got blown up 2 yrs ago mr positive 

All these carr lovers kept tryna run it back

now we’re the last guy at the bar with only mud ducks to choose from

Oh I agree... I wanted Gruden to ship Carr off in 2018. I've been all in on getting a new QB for awhile. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

The revisionist history here is amazing.... at the time, the majority were praising the staff for committing to these guys. They loved the Chandler Jones signing, etc. 

Now.... every move they make people want to hate on it.

They are clearly resetting and looking to the future.... will it work out, I guess we wait and see. 

Who wanted old ars chandler?

can’t remember any mock fa’s with chandler

• Like 1

1 minute ago, big_palooka said:

Carr sure... but that's because 50% of the fan base hated him.

They liked Carr, wanted him and committed to him. Committed to and beefed up the skills spots around him. Media legit thought Carr was a 5000 yard QB and going to light the world on fire in this offense. He didn't live up to the contract and now they are resetting without him. Getting rid of an injury prone, 31 year old one-dimensional TE is a step in that process.

yeah I dont mind getting rid of waller for a 3rd. I wish it was a higher 3rd, but oh well beggers cant be choosers i guess. 

Do you really think Carr was going for 5000 yards with Foster and Mack Hollins starting most of the year was going to happen? Clearly there were injuries, the 5000 yard dream was based off waller adams and renfrow, each easily couldve been 1200-1500 yard guys IMO. Then 40 mil dead money, (20% of cap). We had no depth.
I dont think they believed in Carr, they gave him a year with an easy out to blow them away. And he did not. 

I understand they are retooling now, but I wouldve understood that im JMD and DZ just came in and said they want their own guy at QB. and didnt waste the first year. 

17 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

I'm with @RaidersAreOne on this. I like Waller, but his best football is behind him. He's not a traditional TE. He doesn't block, so you have to rotate a blocking TE in on designed runs often. He hasn't played much the last 2 years. 

Deep TE class, they can get younger and a more traditional TE. 

I do agree, it would have been nice to trade him at the deadline last year. But they were still in the playoff mix at that point, so I get it.

Wow I been getting roasted the last 2 yrs saying this about waller

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

yeah I dont mind getting rid of waller for a 3rd. I wish it was a higher 3rd, but oh well beggers cant be choosers i guess. 

Do you really think Carr was going for 5000 yards with Foster and Mack Hollins starting most of the year was going to happen? Clearly there were injuries, the 5000 yard dream was based off waller adams and renfrow, each easily couldve been 1200-1500 yard guys IMO. Then 40 mil dead money, (20% of cap). We had no depth.
I dont think they believed in Carr, they gave him a year with an easy out to blow them away. And he did not. 

I understand they are retooling now, but I wouldve understood that im JMD and DZ just came in and said they want their own guy at QB. and didnt waste the first year. 

I don't disagree. But they were sold on Carr, until they weren't. 

• Like 1

Just now, BackinBlack said:

and just heart / love of the game. 
I wouldnt be totally surprised if he just needed a change of scenery, but he seemed very unfocused on football lately. 

I actually had motives typed in there as well.  But deleted it because I blame a guy for having a side gig until it takes away from the field. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

This shi should’ve got blown up 2 yrs ago mr positive 

All these carr lovers kept tryna run it back

now we’re the last guy at the bar with only mud ducks to choose from

to be fair at least mud ducks put out, these guys are just catching Ls.