Darren Waller Traded to the Giants

big_palooka

4 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Clown behavior. Turn down a 2nd for a 3rd and create a new hole. 

I like Ziegler but this is just bad.

Could have traded him for a 2nd last year then traded that second for a 1st this year and had cap savings.  Ziegler looks like a bad stock trader.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Years of being the NFL's urinal cake has made us an enormously insufferable, pessimistic and bipolar group. 

The issue is that so many of us can see the writing on the wall a year or two before the team does.  Trading Waller was the right move but it was also a better move last year.  You have to make moves when the time is right and not when it appears you have no better options.  By that time the value has already dropped because other teams see it also.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Chali21 said:

The amount of chicken littleing over an aging TE who’s barely played in the last two seasons. You’d think it was Adams we just traded for a 3rd. 

I think it is irritating that they can make so much money making the decisions so long after we said they need to make that decision.  I think the majority think this was the right move.  Just should have happened last year.

Not surprised at all, hope the money and pick is used wisely of course. Waller did seem like he didn’t care 100% last year, I even mentioned his “stoic” demeanor while the games were being played in one of the threads and yes said TK is a “gamer” and Waller couldn’t hold his jockstrap I believe. Lol! So yeah, time to move on. And yes, DEEP te pool this year helps. The end! 

4 minutes ago, Devilshark69 said:

Not surprised at all, hope the money and pick is used wisely of course. Waller did seem like he didn’t care 100% last year, I even mentioned his “stoic” demeanor while the games were being played in one of the threads and yes said TK is a “gamer” and Waller couldn’t hold his jockstrap I believe. Lol! So yeah, time to move on. And yes, DEEP te pool this year helps. The end! 

The money was already used with Meyers, so we basically traded Waller for Meyers and a third.

33 minutes ago, RaiderX said:

Funny how some who hate the trade were also annoyed about his injury this year and ready to move on earlier in he year. He's a top 5 TE when healthy but the past couple seasons that hasn't been the case.

Yeah and it's hard to remember any guys on the wrong side of 30 that have had back to back injury littered seasons and then returned to elite form. Waller was a baller but if they weren't confident in him being healthy this year and beyond it was time to move on. We replaced him with a player that has produced at a higher rate and is 5 years younger with Meyers.

4 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

The money was already used with Meyers, so we basically traded Waller for Meyers and a third.

Thanks, I do math just fine btw, I get that part is kind of a wash. So basically our amount of cap doesn’t change after signing Meyers .....6 one, half dozen the other. Lol so it’s still 11 mil we haven’t spent. 

• Like 1

Just now, Devilshark69 said:

Thanks, I do math just fine btw, I get that part is kind of a wash. So basically our amount of cap doesn’t change after signing Meyers .....6 one, half dozen the other. Lol so it’s still 11 mil we haven’t spent. 

I just pray that we look to invest some cap space into the OL / DL sooner rather than later.