Duck's Big Board + Rankings

Da_Ducktator

Big Board (First Round Grades)

1. Quenton Nelson | OG | Notre Dame

• The success of the likes Brandon Scherff and Zack Martin are showing that if you have a chance at an elite offensive lineman, get him, no matter the position. Nelson is an ELITE prospect.

2. Bradley Chubb | EDGE | North Carolina State

• Talented edge rusher who shows few flaws on film and hails from a football family. Cannot ask for much more who profiles as a complete defensive end prospect.

3. Saquon Barkley | RB | Penn State

• Numbers have been a bit up and down but he makes lemons out of lemonade behind a bad offensive line. Should put up freakish test numbers and his all-around prowess is special.

4. Minkah Fitzpatrick | S | Alabama

• Versatile, do-it all defensive back who may not be on a Jalen Ramsey level as a prospect, but is always making plays and put up freakish testing numbers out of high school. Used in the slot a lot at Bama and asked to cover slot receivers and make plays up front. Instinctual and a leader. Has the talent to be an impact defensive back and is a bit reminiscent of Eric Berry.

5. Christian Wilkins | DT | Clemson

• Not the biggest but his athletic ability and explosiveness are truly special. Superb leader as well who blocks on extra points and usually one of the first ones in on celebrations with the offense after a score. That leadership coupled with his defensive prowess are exciting and if he gets anywhere close to his reported testing, he is going to be a stud prospect.

6. Sam Darnold | QB | USC

• Special talent at the quarterback position who has sloppy mechanics but elite tools and displays great football acumen.

7. Vita Vea | DT | Washington

• I understand the motor runs a little hot and cold, but the guy is a 340 lbs. who moves like a linebacker. Albert Haynesworth-esque potential here.

8. Brian O'Neill | OT | Pittsburgh

• Only one year at left tackle, but the tight end convert has next level athleticism and movement skills for the position. 

9. Rashaan Evans | LB | Alabama

• Evans defines versatility and explosiveness at the linebacker position. Adds a pass rushing presence to go along with freaky athleticism at a great size. Will be an immediate contributor to an NFL defense.

10. Derrius Guice | RB | LSU

• Injuries have hampered him this year, but has finished the year incredibly strong reminding us why Barkley vs. Guice was so heavily debate before the run. Superb tools but his vision does seem a bit questionable.

11. Denzel Ward | CB | Ohio State

• A bit undersized and not on the same level as Marshon Lattimore as a prospect, but a silky smooth cover corner with blazing fast speed. In a day and age where the guarding the slot is so coveted, Ward will at worse be able to turn in an Orlando Scandrick type of career, mirroring quick receivers.

12. Ronnie Harrison | S | Alabama

• The "other" safety at 'Bama, Harrison doesn't make as many plays but has the athletic ability to roam and the hitting prowess to be a factor against the run.

13. Clelin Ferrell | EDGE | Clemson | Jr.

• Really turned it on to end last season (6 TFL across final three games) and carried it over to this year. Above average athlete with great length. Has a knack for turning it up against top competition.

14. Josh Rosen | QB | UCLA

• Smooth-looking QB prospect that possesses everything tool-wise, but cannot seem to avoid making a handful of dumb decisions each game.

15. Kevin Toliver II | CB | LSU

• Getting little attention despite excellent tools. 6'3" and elite movement skills for that size (quick feet and smooth hips). Mirrored Christian Kirk extremely well last week but struggled in the 1st quarter against Alabama (slipped twice including on a big play but the field was wet) that led to him only playing half the snaps, but shook it off and played well in the 4th quarter including a key 3rd down pass breakup.

16. Josh Jackson | CB | Iowa

• Kid has played out of his mind since game one this season. However, Stanley Morgan (an underrated WR prospect) beat him cleanly for a TD in which Jackson grasped repeatedly at Morgan and still was unable to stop a TD. Needs to clean up his game, but the ball skills he displays are exciting.

17. Lamar Jackson | QB | Louisville

• Arguably the best athlete at the position since Mike Vick. Possesses effortless arm talent and has a knack for making the unbelievable happen.

18. Arden Key | EDGE | LSU

• Struggled with injuries during the year and apparently personal matters before the year, but showed up strong in the biggest test of the year against Alabama. Bend may not be elite, but he is a smooth athlete who can drop back into coverage and plays the run better than you would expect for his size.

19. Will Hernandez | OG | UTEP

• Might struggle to test well, but overall, the guy keeps his feet clean and is a complete mauler. Superb awareness and once he gets his hands on you, it's over.

20. Roquan Smith | WLB | Georgia | Jr.

• Absolutely flies sideline-to-sideline and delivers pop on contact. Kept clean for the most part by a superb defensive line this year. Struggles to stack and shed against lineman. Likely limited to being a Weakside Backer in the league.

21. Da'Ron Payne | DT | Alabama

• Been a solid cog in the middle of the Crimson Tide defense and has the athletic ability be a 3-4 DE also. Lacks many 'wow' moments but creates plays for others. Nimble on his feet for a big guy.

22. Derwin James | SS/LB | Florida State

• Great athlete but upon re-watching film, I don't see much instinct-wise from James and a lack of ball skills (only one of his three interceptions was a good coverage play). Reminds me more of a Deone Bucannon type who flashes great sideline-to-sideline and blitz ability. However, Bucannon hasn't worked out great in the league which is worrisome.

23. Courtland Sutton | WR | SMU | R-Jr.

• Raw but incredibly physically gifted. Flashes too much talent to ultimately keep out of 1st round grade. Reminds me of Julio Jones talent-wise, but needs major work in route running and his 52.17% catch rate is concerning.

24. Connor Williams | OT | Texas

• Tool-wise has everything to be a successful NFL LT but hasn't come close to playing to that level. If he tests well, will still go fist round. Shined against West Virginia but struggled in his other two G5 contests against Maryland and Texas Tech. Blitz/stunt awareness certainly a glaring weakness for him right now. Hanging onto to a 1st round grade by a thread.

25. Mike Gesicki | TE | Penn State

• The body control and catch radius displayed by Gesicki is elite. Solid athlete but his testing is going to determine where he is ultimately drafted in a loaded tight end group. But has been a superb receiver the last two years that makes difficult plays look easy.

26. Harrison Phillips | DT | Stanford

• Displays solid burst but mainly wins due to playing with great leverage and his hands. Should be a solid starter in the league for a while.

27. Orlando Brown | RT | Oklahoma

• Probably going to have to move to RT at the next level due to a lack of foot quickness, but a mountain of a man who plays with a mean streak and has great bloodlines. Plays with solid leverage as well, arguably an underrated part of his game.

28. Taven Bryan | 4-3 DT/3-4 DE | Florida | Jr.

• Let's get one thing out of the way; he's not J.J. Watt. But, Bryan flashes big time tools and mauled Iowa in their bowl game last year. Glaring question is why he didn't play like that every game, but the physical tools are clearly there.

29. Billy Price | C/OG | Ohio State | R-Sr.

• Testing will be fairly important for him and whether or not he can crack the 1st round (specifically arm length). But, Price is a great leader who understands angles and leverage and should be able to carve out a long career in the trenches.

Offensive Position Rankings

Quarterback

Player School Class Grade H W 40 Rookie Season Age 3rd to 1st Rate
1 Sam Darnold USC R-So. Top 5 6'4" 220 lbs.   21 39.45%
2 Josh Rosen UCLA Jr. Top 20 6'4" 218 lbs.   21 33.33%
3 Lamar Jackson (WR) Louisville Jr. Top 20 6'3" 211 lbs.   21 43.62%
4 Baker Mayfield Oklahoma R-Sr. Early 2nd 6'0" 220 lbs.   23 43.04%
5 Josh Allen Wyoming R-Jr. Early 2nd 6'5" 240 lbs.   22 36.14%
6 Riley Ferguson Memphis R-Sr. 4th 6'4" 210 lbs.   23 44.44%
7 Mason Rudolph Oklahoma State Sr. 4th 6'4" 230 lbs.   23 47.06%
8 Tanner Lee Nebraska R-Jr. 5th 6'4" 220 lbs.   23 34.62%
9 Kyle Lauletta Richmond R-Sr. 5th 6'3" 215 lbs.   23 39.18%
10 Mike White Western Kentucky R-Sr. 6th 6'4" 225 lbs.   23 39.01%
11 Luke Falk Washington State R-Sr. 7th 6'4" 223 lbs.   23 41.41%
12 Logan Woodside Toledo R-Sr. PFA 6'1" 205 lbs.   23 44.33%
13 Bryan Schor James Madison R-Sr. PFA 6'2" 211 lbs.   n/a n/a
14 Nic Shimonek Texas Tech R-Sr. PFA 6'3" 225 lbs.   24 41.51%
15 Nick Stevens Colorado State R-Sr. UDFA 6'3" 215 lbs.   23 43.55%
16 Kurt Benkert Virginia R-Sr. UDFA 6'4" 215 lbs.   23 37.59%
17 DeVante Kincade (RB) Grambling State R-Sr. UDFA 6'1" 190 lbs.   24 n/a
18 Jeremiah Briscoe Sam Houston State R-Sr. UDFA 6'3" 225 lbs.   25 n/a
19 Brandon Silvers Troy R-Sr. UDFA 6'3" 219 lbs.   24 37.17%
20 Max Browne Pittsburgh R-Sr. UDFA 6'5" 230 lbs.   23 38.70%
21 Kyle Allen Houston R-Jr. UDFA 6'3" 211 lbs.   22 38.71%
22 Austin Allen Arkansas R-Sr. UDFA 6'1" 209 lbs.   24 36.36%
23 Danny Etling LSU R-Sr. UDFA 6'3" 215 lbs.   24 37.11%
24 Brogan Roback Eastern Michigan R-Sr. UDFA 6'3" 218 lbs.   24 30.63%
25 J.T. Barrett Ohio State R-Sr. UDFA 6'2" 220 lbs.   23 35.62%

Running Back

1.       SaQuon Barkley (Penn State)*

2.       Derrius Guice (LSU)*

3.       Kerryon Johnson (Auburn)*

4.       Damien Harris (Alabama)*

5.       Ronald Jones II (USC)*

Wide Receiver

1.       Courtland Sutton (SMU)*

2.       Anthony Miller (Memphis)

3.       Christian Kirk (Texas A&M)*

4.       Deon Cain (Clemson)*

5.       Calvin Ridley (Alabama)*

6.       Jaylen Smith (Louisville)*

7.       Auden Tate (Florida State)*

8.       D.J. Moore (Maryland)*

9.       James Washington (Oklahoma State)

10.     Darren Carrington (Utah)

Tight End

1.       Mike Gesicki (Penn State)

2.       Dallas Goedert (South Dakota State)

3.       Mark Andrews (Oklahoma)*

4.       Hayden Hurst (South Carolina)*

5.       Adam Breneman (Massachusetts)

Offensive Tackle

1.       Brian O'Neill (Pittsburgh)*

2.       Connor Williams (Texas)*

3.       Orlando Brown Jr. (Oklahoma)*

4.       Mike McGlinchey (Notre Dame)

5.       Brandon Parker (North Carolina A&T)

Offensive Guard

1.       Quenton Nelson (Notre Dame)*

2.       Will Hernandez (UTEP)

3.       Martinas Rankin (Mississippi State) (OT/C)

4.       Braden Smith (Auburn) (RT)

5.       Isaiah Wynn (Georgia)

Center

1.       Billy Price (Ohio State)

2.       Frank Ragnow (Arkansas)

3.       Scott Quessenberry (UCLA)

4.       Mason Cole (Michigan) (OG)

5.       Cam Dillard (North Carolina)

EDGE

1.       Bradley Chubb (North Carolina State)

2.       Clelin Ferrell (Clemson)*

3.       Arden Key (LSU)*

4.       Austin Bryant (Clemson)*

5.       Josh Sweat (Florida State)*

6.       Lorenzo Carter (Georgia)

7.       Dorance Armstrong (Kansas)*

8.       Harold Landry (Boston College) (OLB)

9.       Duke Ejiofor (Wake Forest)

10.     Marcus Davenport (UTSA)

Defensive Tackle

1.       Christian Wilkins (Clemson)*

2.       Vita Vea (Washington)*

3.       Da’Ron Payne (Alabama)*

4.       Harrison Phillips (Stanford)*

5.       Taven Bryan (Florida)*

Outside Linebacker

1.       Rashaan Evans (Alabama) (ILB)

2.       Josh Allen (Kentucky)

3.       Jerome Baker (Ohio State)*

4.       Dorian O’Daniel (Clemson)

5.       Keishawn Bierria (Washington)

Inside Linebacker

1.       Roquan Smith (Georgia)* (WLB)

2.       Jake Cichy (Wisconsin) (OLB)

3.       Ogbonnia Okoronkwo (Oklahoma) (OLB)

4.       T.J. Edwards (Wisconsin)*

5.       Cameron Smith (USC)*

6.       Ja’Whaun Bentley (Purdue)

7.       Malik Jefferson (Texas)* (OLB)

Cornerback

1.       Denzel Ward (Ohio State)*

2.       Kevin Toliver II (LSU)*

3.       Josh Jackson (Iowa)*

4.       Donte’ Jackson (LSU)* (S)

5.       Holton Hill (Texas)*

Free Safety

1.       Minkah Fitzpatrick (Alabama)* (CB/SS)

2.       DeShon Elliott (Texas)*

3.       Kameron Kelly (San Diego State) (CB)

4.       Stephen Roberts (Auburn)

5.       Justin Reid (Stanford)*

Strong Safety

1.       Ronnie Harrison (Alabama)* (FS)

2.       Derwin James (Florida State)* (OLB)

3.       Hootie Jones (Alabama)

4.       Damon Webb (Ohio State)

5.       Kyzir White (West Virginia)

3 minutes ago, bananabucket said:

Not big on Nick Chubb or Simmie Cobbs?

I need to take a closer look at Cobbs, honestly. I highly doubt St. Brown declares there and Cobbs, from what I have seen, is right there as a 3rd round grade for me. Lots of interesting receivers in this draft, just tough to give many 1st round grades.

I loved Chubb pre-injury and still like him, but I am just unsure about his explosiveness for the next level. His testing is going to be key.

1 minute ago, Rich7sena said:

Guys who I like that are missing: OT, Jamarco Jones and DT, Muarice Hurst. The latter will likely be a top 15 player for me.

Jamarco is actually 6th for me at OT. I think he is solid all-around and could play either tackle spot. 

Hurst I struggle to see having consistent success at the next level. 6'1, 280 generally doesn't work in the league. 

3 minutes ago, Da_Ducktator said:

Jamarco is actually 6th for me at OT. I think he is solid all-around and could play either tackle spot. 

Hurst I struggle to see having consistent success at the next level. 6'1, 280 generally doesn't work in the league. 

What if he weighs around 300 lbs. at the Senior Bowl?

On 11/28/2017 at 6:13 PM, Da_Ducktator said:

12. Ronnie Harrison | S | Alabama

• The "other" safety at 'Bama, Harrison doesn't make as many plays but has the athletic ability to roam and the hitting prowess to be a factor against the run.

Isn't he a true sophomore? If not, I'm shocked he isn't getting more buzz. He plays at Alabama, makes splash plays, is built like a linebacker, and runs like a DB.

1 hour ago, BleedTheClock said:

Isn't he a true sophomore? If not, I'm shocked he isn't getting more buzz. He plays at Alabama, makes splash plays, is built like a linebacker, and runs like a DB.

True junior. I've seen some people talk about him but agreed that there isn't enough. Harrison can bring a lot to a defense. 

Archived