Gilmore Traded to Cowboys

textaz03

I just hope he doesn’t show his age too quickly.  Getting him for two three years is awesome. Can we work a three year deal.  

I don’t know where to post this but I think it is really telling that for a change now even before the draft our roster is better then it was when the season ended with this addition.  Adding him with a healthy Lewis and Diggs gives us one of the better CB groups in the NFL let alone what we also have in Bland and Brown???

we are also still set at LB with LVE Clark Cox to supplement Parsons

now we if we can add TWO starters as a upgrade in the draft…..

11 hours ago, The_Slamman said:

Love this one!!!  We need some help at LB and still need a run stuffer but I’m really liking the potential of the defense.  With this secondary, could you imagine if we could actually stop the run?

They brought LVE back, which helps. But yeah...getting someone like Masi, Ika or Coburn later in the draft would be great. 

Yawn. He will make two big plays this year and be hidden behind Bland and Lewis. Indy doesnt alllw him to walk for a fifth if he was all that. I get PFF says what they say, but their metrics arent perfect. At one point they had Martin as 17th at his position. Even at his worst with one arm amputated he would still be top 10 easily. 

52 minutes ago, Dallas94Ware said:

Yawn. He will make two big plays this year and be hidden behind Bland and Lewis. Indy doesnt alllw him to walk for a fifth if he was all that. I get PFF says what they say, but their metrics arent perfect. At one point they had Martin as 17th at his position. Even at his worst with one arm amputated he would still be top 10 easily. 

Just like Dallas doesn’t let Cooper go for a 5th if he was still a 1,160 yards 9 TD WR with Brissett throwing the ball? Just like the Texans wouldn’t let DHop go for David Johnson if he were still capable? Just like the Patriots wouldn’t have got Randy Moss for a 4th if he could catch 23 TDs that year?

Trade compensation doesn’t always reflect a players future production. A 5th round pick sure, forget that they are saving $9M by trading him. This is the time of year where draft picks are at peak value along with cap space. Getting a 5th, and saving $9M against the cap for a guy who will be 33 years old in September is probably a good deal for IND. 

It’s unwise to throw out the 2022 tape, and all tangible stats to assume he is washed up because we got him for a 5th. Equally unwise to assume he’ll be buried behind Lewis who will likely be released before the year starts. 

Edited by DaBoys
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

Just like Dallas doesn’t let Cooper go for a 5th if he was still a 1,160 yards 9 TD WR with Brissett throwing the ball? Just like the Texans wouldn’t let DHop go for David Johnson if he were still capable? Just like the Patriots wouldn’t have got Randy Moss for a 4th if he could catch 23 TDs that year?

Trade compensation doesn’t always reflect a players future production. A 5th round pick sure, forget that they are saving $9M by trading him. This is the time of year where draft picks are at peak value along with cap space. Getting a 5th, and saving $9M against the cap for a guy who will be 33 years old in September is probably a good deal for IND. 

It’s unwise to throw out the 2022 tape, and all tangible stats to assume he is washed up because we got him for a 5th. Equally unwise to assume he’ll be buried behind Lewis who will likely be released before the year starts. 

lol seriously. It’s not the draft pick that matters here, it’s the timing of the acquisition, not to mention the $10M we’re paying him. I believe this is our biggest one-year FA signing since Greg Hardy

The age is a concern though, may be why Lewis isn’t gone yet

57 minutes ago, matt79511 said:

lol seriously. It’s not the draft pick that matters here, it’s the timing of the acquisition, not to mention the $10M we’re paying him. I believe this is our biggest one-year FA signing since Greg Hardy

The age is a concern though, may be why Lewis isn’t gone yet

Lewis is a much better player than a lot of people give him credit for. He's no All-Pro, but he isn't a bad player either and valuable in the slot. 

10 minutes ago, D82 said:

Lewis is a much better player than a lot of people give him credit for. He's no All-Pro, but he isn't a bad player either and valuable in the slot. 

I don’t think the issue is his ability when healthy. It’s a three pronged issue consisting of age, injury, and money that works against him. He is turning 28 this year, he had a Lisfranc injury in late October(5-6 month recovery) meaning as of right now and maybe as late as this time next month he is still unable to run. And then he has to rehab, and then get back in football shape, and he’s a CB. Then to top it off we save like $5M by cutting him. 

Ill add the bonus of us signing Gilmore and Bland and Muks’ performance at the end of last year. 

Having said all that, I do think Lewis is as talented as you say. He got hurt on an interception after all. I’m just not sure his talent is enough to out weigh everything working against him right now. He’s likely to be cut. His performance as a healthy, young, cheap CB is probably why he hasn’t been yet. Now he isn’t healthy, young, or cheap.