2018 Salary Cap and List of 2018 FAs

The_Slamman

On 11/29/2017 at 5:12 PM, Dallas94Ware said:

The FA pickups will be more in the mold ofnguys like..

Taylor Gabriel

R. Hageman

X Suafilo

TJ Carrie

Ryan Jenson

moreso than the big name starters you guys keep mentioning. Havent you caught on yet? This team has no desire to spend big on anyone outside of their own draft pick hits. 

Hageman isn't a bad player...I remember wanting him during the draft process back in 2014.

I also wonder how much of the current philosophy is Garrett-based. You have to think with a new coach, the front office may be willing to spend on at least one big name free agent next off-season.

14 minutes ago, Desperado82 said:

Hageman isn't a bad player...I remember wanting him during the draft process back in 2014.

I also wonder how much of the current philosophy is Garrett-based. You have to think with a new coach, the front office may be willing to spend on at least one big name free agent next off-season.

None ofnthe players i mentioned are bad. Just not high priced FA guys who you should expect to come in, start and excel. 

The philosophy changed when McClay took on a bigger role. and its for the better.

14 minutes ago, Dallas94Ware said:

None ofnthe players i mentioned are bad. Just not high priced FA guys who you should expect to come in, start and excel. 

The philosophy changed when McClay took on a bigger role. and its for the better.

No, no...knew what you meant. Just saying out of the ones you listed,  Hageman’s a decent player who I’d have an interest in.

It could also be we've never really had the flexibility without restructuring half of the team. Now that we have some core guys locked up and a QB making half a million per year, they may spend on a couple guys if they feel they can help them get back to the playoffs and beyond. Nothing crazy, but a couple veteran defensive players like Glover Quin and Bennie Logan would make a huge difference IMO.

On 11/29/2017 at 4:12 PM, Dallas94Ware said:

Havent you caught on yet? This team has no desire to spend big on anyone outside of their own draft pick hits. 

I suspect this changes. Don't see them going with tier 1 guys, but going cheap like they have hasn't helped out the roster very much. Last 3 years of signings has very little to show for itself. 

2 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

I suspect this changes. Don't see them going with tier 1 guys, but going cheap like they have hasn't helped out the roster very much. Last 3 years of signings has very little to show for itself. 

This last group really gave us nkthing, but the two years prior gave us a sack leader. not saying much on this team tho.

16 hours ago, resilient part 2 said:

and what positions would that be?

LB and WR specifically. We have a few other things that take precedence over WR. It's something that should be addressed on day 2 or 3. But there are some nice WR options that should be FA's. 

• 2 weeks later...

Via twittersphere....

Anthony Hitchens and Sean Lee are 1-2 in stop percentage for the entire NFL, according to @PFF (25% of team snaps or higher). A "stop" is when a tackle keeps a runner from gaining a successful percentage of yards needed towards a first down.

We're going to lose Hitch.

8 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

Via twittersphere....

Anthony Hitchens and Sean Lee are 1-2 in stop percentage for the entire NFL, according to @PFF (25% of team snaps or higher). A "stop" is when a tackle keeps a runner from gaining a successful percentage of yards needed towards a first down.

We're going to lose Hitch.

He'll go to the Giants and win DPoY. Then D94W is going to come in here and laughhhhhh and laughhh

29 minutes ago, CAPJ said:

Any interest in Davante Adams, Jarvis Landry or Paul Richardson?

Landry is likely going to be too much for us to go after, at least with still having Dez on board. 

Adams or Richardson might be more realistic.

Archived