Week 13 GDT - San Francisco 49ers @ Chicago Bears

J-ALL-DAY

19 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Smh..........

But yeah, I don't expect anything crazy, but a 245 yard performance with 2 TDs. 

Better question, does Jimmy G playing get us the win?

If Brown plays and finishes the game, I'm going to lean close, but not quite. It would if it were a home game. Early game on the road just works against west coast teams sometimes, I really do believe that. 

I did notice that at the end of the game Garoppolo was having trouble relaying the plays in the huddle. There was one play where it cut to Kyle and you could clearly see him yelling "its trips right" into the headset with a look of frustration on his face. I know it was not a normal circumstance considering it was the end of the game and the clock was running, but I think it shed some light onto why the guy hasn't played yet. Everyone says Kyle's system isnt exactly simple from a terminology standpoint. 

With that being said, a whole week of first team reps should help him get acclimated. He does have a natural feel to the game, you can tell by his pocket awareness and the fact he sees the whole field. 

Is there an update on CJ's injury? Is there anyone on our team who was a QB in highschool or college? 

14 hours ago, N4L said:

I did notice that at the end of the game Garoppolo was having trouble relaying the plays in the huddle. There was one play where it cut to Kyle and you could clearly see him yelling "its trips right" into the headset with a look of frustration on his face. I know it was not a normal circumstance considering it was the end of the game and the clock was running, but I think it shed some light onto why the guy hasn't played yet. Everyone says Kyle's system isnt exactly simple from a terminology standpoint. 

With that being said, a whole week of first team reps should help him get acclimated. He does have a natural feel to the game, you can tell by his pocket awareness and the fact he sees the whole field. 

Is there an update on CJ's injury? Is there anyone on our team who was a QB in highschool or college? 

Haven't heard anything on the injury except that there didn't appear to be ligament damage, which is positive. Not sure about the emergency quarterback - thats a good question. I would have imagined that heading into the season it was Blake Bell, but I'm not sure who it would be now. 

I don't know how many subscribe to the Athletic, but Ted Nguyen (Raider Analysis) had a very good article on Witherspoon. He broke down his strengths and some of his weaknesses. But the future looks bright and he has the chance to be a damn good CB very soon. 

The TD to Vannett initially looked like it was Exum's fault, but Witherspoon played the wrong coverage. Everyone else was in a cover 3 zone, while he played man. His technique on the Graham TD was terrible, but aside from that he showed some nice ability. Right now he looks much better in off man coverage than bump n run coverage. Which is not that surprising with his athleticism and lack of strength at the moment. Kind of similar to Peters.....But obviously not even close to the level of playmaker Peters is. Or at least not yet.

Yeah, that's the right thing to do. But don't have too vanilla of a game plan, which is not in Shanny's DNA. 

The Seahawks stacked the box last game on damn near every play, will be interesting if the Bears do the same. Though Fangio with us would hardly ever go to that route even if opposing RBs were killing us. He likes to play us cover two man scheme, but if he does decide to stack the box, interested in seeing how Garoppolo takes advantage of it. Beathard was actually starting to play better, but couldn't consistently sustain it throughout the game. 

Who do you think will be his favorite weapon? I'd say Kittle or Bourne. 

6 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Kittle was my initial thought. He'll have the playing time and snap count. My dark horse would be Trent Taylor. He can get open in a hurry, and Jimmy G gets rid of the ball fast, I just don't know if he'll be on the field enough. 

1 hour ago, Forge said:

No shock there. Could be interesting - a scaled back playbook isn't always the worst thing

We in preseason now bois.

56 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Someone mentioned this on another thread but Taylor might not be unlike some of the receivers he had on the Pats, so Jimmy might be most comfortable with him early.  But between those two I think Kittle.

Archived