Vikings sign CB Byron Murphy (2 years/$22m)

JDBrocks

A day after losing Peterson to the Steelers, the Vikings have agreed to a two-year, $22 million deal with cornerback Byron Murphy, NFL Media reports.

Murphy, 25, joined the Cardinals as a second round pick in 2019, and he made 48 starts in four seasons. He played only nine games last season because of a back injury that landed him on injured reserve. Murphy made 36 tackles, half a sack and four pass breakups.

He has 229 tackles, three sacks, five interceptions and 34 pass breakups.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2023/03/14/report-byron-murphy-agrees-to-two-year-deal-with-vikings/

15 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

So Murphy, Evans and Booth are the top 3 now? It’s better now than it was this morning but that has to be the worst CB room in the league right now.

Yeah I could assure that we’re going to get more corners. My best bet would be to bring back Duke Shelley and then draft one of the top CBs in the 1st round. Also I feel like we’d be seeing Cam Bynum or Lewis Cine play some slot this year. 

Edited by Purplepride323

11 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

So Murphy, Evans and Booth are the top 3 now? It’s better now than it was this morning but that has to be the worst CB room in the league right now.

Wait until you see the Cardinals depth chart.

Or the Raiders. 
I also think we got the Colts beat.

but yeah, it’s not great. It’s a lot of hope Booth can stay healthy and Evans can keep improving. 

• Like 1

Just now, gopherwrestler said:

Wait until you see the Cardinals depth chart.

Or the Raiders. 
I also think we got the Colts beat.

but yeah, it’s not great. It’s a lot of hope Booth can stay healthy and Evans can keep improving. 

Evans and Booth were both drafted for Donatells scheme. Are they a fit for the new scheme? 

Just now, vikingsrule said:

Evans and Booth were both drafted for Donatells scheme. Are they a fit for the new scheme? 

Evans is athletic enough, and really Booth probably is suited just fine to play Man. Big long armed guy. I was more worried about him in zone just for the fact if he gets lost he was going to be in trouble. 

4 minutes ago, battle2heaven said:

Kwesi ain’t done cookin 

Yeah him signing Davenport, Murphy, Oliver and bringing back Bradbury is not too shabby if you’d ask me. I was worried when I saw all of the CBs get signed, but Kwesi totally redeemed himself. Solid first few days of free agency. 

Edited by Purplepride323
  • Like 2

Just now, Purplepride323 said:

Yeah signing Davenport, Murphy, Oliver and bringing back Bradbury is not too shabby if you’d ask me. I was worried when I saw all of the CBs get signed, but Kwesi totally redeemed himself. 

Compared to other positions, the cb market in free agency seems a bit depressed. 

the reason? The draft. 6cbs will go in rd1, and potential starting cbs will run through round 4. It’s super deep. Teams know this and that’s why they aren’t shelling out mega bucks on these cb deals. 

which is great news for the Vikings. I think they can get another cb in on a value deal. 

• Like 2