GDT Week 13 - TB @ GB. Battle of the Bays

skibrett15

9 minutes ago, DocHambone said:

I gotta feeling Jordy retires after this season. 

I'd be fine with that.  He's really tailed off a lot this season.  He was even starting to talk of these being his last few years .. seems like in a way he's checked out a little.  He's been totally ineffective with Hundley at the helm .. seems like he's lost a gear or two.

29 minutes ago, Stevein2012 said:

yeah that's over 24m we are spending on 2 WRs who have combined for 44 catches and 395 yards in 7 games without Rodgers

And if Rodgers comes back for the last 3 games and jordy goes off in all 3 games?

I think the passing game has been bad because Hundley has been bad ( most games). The only WR that has done sorta well is Adams and it’s clear he is Hundleys go to guy.

Jordy is Aaron’s. I have a feeling if Rodgers get in... Jordy’s production will go up.

2 minutes ago, Green19 said:

And if Rodgers comes back for the last 3 games and jordy goes off in all 3 games?

I think the passing game has been bad because Hundley has been bad ( most games). The only WR that has done sorta well is Adams and it’s clear he is Hundleys go to guy.

Jordy is Aaron’s. I have a feeling if Rodgers get in... Jordy’s production will go up.

I mean it's pretty clear that Adams is simply better than Jordy and Cobb regardless of QB not just because he's a "go to guy".  Jordy has lost a lot even with Rodgers he's not getting YAC anymore, he falls down or gets tackled pretty much immediately after every catch and very few big plays even with Rodgers.  A red zone possession guy just isn't worth over 10m a year.  Hundley is bad but he's not getting much help from 2 of his high paid WRs either.  Both of those things can be true.

Just now, Rodjahs12 said:

It remains to be seen when Rodgers gets back, but right now it's certainly a fair question to ask if Nelson is even a top end #2 anymore, much less a 1.

Please.  Jordy certainly isn't a #1 receiver anymore, but he had 6 touchdowns in 4 games with Rodgers.  Some WR-QB matchups just don't work, and that's what we're seeing with Hundley.

You can't say Hundley sucks (and he does) without acknowledging that's going to impact the production of Jordy Nelson.

There's been exactly one WR to perform well since Rodgers went down.  One.  Nelson didn't suddenly drop off a cliff in week 5, he just happened to lose a QB he had chemistry with and went to a QB he had no chemistry with.  Pretty simple series of deductions. 

Also, it doesn't really help when the only targets he gets are screen passes.

Also, go back and look at that first Hundley start and see a wide open Nelson running wide open down the middle for an easy touchdown and Hundley not throwing him the ball. 

51 minutes ago, Stevein2012 said:

I mean it's pretty clear that Adams is simply better than Jordy and Cobb regardless of QB not just because he's a "go to guy".  Jordy has lost a lot even with Rodgers he's not getting YAC anymore, he falls down or gets tackled pretty much immediately after every catch and very few big plays even with Rodgers.  A red zone possession guy just isn't worth over 10m a year.  Hundley is bad but he's not getting much help from 2 of his high paid WRs either.  Both of those things can be true.

My point is jordy is an aging WR, they naturally lose speed (unless they are a freak of nature). WRs that do well at advanced age either are physically big and can box out guys or they are “crafty” veterans/route runners.

Jordy is the later and if you watch him down in and down out he gets open. 1. Hundley has either missed him or 2. The play is designed to have Hundley look else were.

Rodgers is at master level... so he can utilize jordy better. Go to him if the play isn’t design to go to him naturally, throw in tight windows, etc. let’s not forget jordy was right there with Adams inTD catch while Rodgers was playing.

My point is... is jordy a number 1? No. Is he going to burn defenses? No, not consistently. Is he still very valuable, more so with Aaron at QB? Yes. A reliable pass catcher that is always on the same page as the QB is also needed.

5 hours ago, Slinky said:

3 straight passes after we were running well. We got McCarthy'd!

McCarthy drove me crazy today.  Why in the hell did he go away from the running game for most of the second half?  >:(  Thank god we started to run again at the end of the game and OT or we'd be finished for sure.  

4 hours ago, DavidatMIZZOU said:

Since the Rodgers injury, "What the **** are you thinking Brett!?" has reentered my vocabulary after a decade's absence.  So there is that.

This made me giggle harder than it should have.   xD

Archived