Buccaneers sign QB Baker Mayfield (1 year, $8.5M)

RaidersAreOne

On 3/15/2023 at 9:12 PM, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

Sassy Red Wine GIF by Married At First Sight

He also couldn't ever get the ball to O'Dell and Jarvis, when he had a stud backfield (Chubb+Hunt), and very good OL

So let's just relax lol

Now that Mr. Dangerous is on the team I hope he kills it, but he definitely comes with question marks, or else he wouldn't be signing a 1 year prove it deal.

So how are they doing apparently Matthew stafford is a idiot to.

Stafford 700 yards with him.

Also I guess Eli a double Super Bowl winning qb getting tossed under the

Bus.

How about this is obj 4th team if he signs.

He is so bad that Cleveland traded a 2nd round pick for a 37 reception wr

To avoid him Cleveland is probably the 25 ranked wr group the fact they did not even offer him any money says it all.

• Like 1

This conversation is a bit much. 

to clear it up - no Baker is not the best thing since sliced bread. He was probably the best option out of what we could afford to take on that still had upside. 

Do I think his years in CLEVELAND were totally bad? No - 2021 he played through an injury that haters say "should have sat and not hurt his team" while if he sat would also deem him as "weak". He balled out in 2018 and 2020 and had 5 coaches in cleveland. That organization is crap - so it's good that he's getting a fresh start. 

This is basically a LOW RISK High reward scenario for the bucs who are going to focus more on running the ball and implement a more QB friendly playbook. He's purely a bridge QB who is running a similar scheme McVay had for him in LAR - Which Baker loved and McVay wanted him back. Apparently Harbaugh wanted him knowing the Lamar fiasco is getting out of hand. 

I also don't think this rules out Licht taking a QB in the first 2-3 rounds. I purely think they want 3 strong options bc I think there is concern about Trask even being the back up in Tampa. It'll be a "competition" but I think a rookie is taken early. 

I'm more in the mold of tanking for Caleb Williams but unless they gurantee Bowles would be back - that won't be the case considering he needs to win now. 

On 3/16/2023 at 9:50 AM, kgarrett12486 said:

Why is Mayfield on his 4th team in last 3 years? There is a reason. He's been one of the least efficient QB's in all of football during that span. he played better with the Rams in this capacity, but it was extremely limited sample size and honestly a lot of it probably had to do with the scheme/coaching from McVay. 

The dude is a fringe starter/back-up QB and nothing more. He'll help you get 6-9 wins on a rebuilding to middling team. 

Why is obj on 4th team?

Question 2 how many teams has geno played 4?

How many of you trade Mayfield and his contract straight up for Daniel Jones and his contract?

Prediction all the haters hide.