2023 Lions Roster

Louis Friend

22 minutes ago, Louis Friend said:

Lions re-signed backup QB Nate Sudfeld. No contract details yet. 

Boy they're taking this so seriously on Detroit sports radio, like "Holmes said he wanted to upgrade the QB room, what are they doing"

I'd say Sudfeld has 20% or less chance to be on the Week 1 roster, but will mostly be used in OTAs and camp as a guy who knows the offense somewhat and can help whoever else they sign or draft

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Superduperman said:

Boy they're taking this so seriously on Detroit sports radio, like "Holmes said he wanted to upgrade the QB room, what are they doing"

I'd say Sudfeld has 20% or less chance to be on the Week 1 roster, but will mostly be used in OTAs and camp as a guy who knows the offense somewhat and can help whoever else they sign or draft

Yeah, its like last year going through camp with Boyle and Blough and neither made the first week.  I am guessing its not expensive and also guessing we draft a QB at some point.  

Lions have made it clear they want 3 QBs on the roster. Even their rules change ideas to the league suggest that. Problem is, people read into what Holmes says instead of just listening to him. He stated at the combine that Goff is their guy but they need to improve behind him but they weren’t going to wait until late (like last season) to address the position. They want to develop a guy behind Goff. They’ll draft a QB, this season or next, and probably not high. He said first round picks should have immediate impact. This move does not go against what Holmes stated, it falls exactly in line. It goes against headlines that were reported. 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Lions017 said:

That would've been nice. I wouldn't mind adding another receiver in the draft. We have some talent there but are a bit thin. 

Yeah. I'm sure jamo will turn out fine, but we are kind of at an unknown there again. I'd be looking at a WR earlier than later.

27 minutes ago, Just Want A Title said:

This could be a position we address in the draft.  A #2/#3 WR usually has a limited role so a developmental WR would seem to be a good fit.

Some guys who might fit the X role:

Cedric Tillman

Jonathan Mingo

AT Perry

Andre Iosivas

4 hours ago, Louis Friend said:

Lions have made it clear they want 3 QBs on the roster. Even their rules change ideas to the league suggest that. Problem is, people read into what Holmes says instead of just listening to him. He stated at the combine that Goff is their guy but they need to improve behind him but they weren’t going to wait until late (like last season) to address the position. They want to develop a guy behind Goff. They’ll draft a QB, this season or next, and probably not high. He said first round picks should have immediate impact. This move does not go against what Holmes stated, it falls exactly in line. It goes against headlines that were reported. 

Holmes might have said first round picks should have immediate impact but he has shown he is willing to be patient with the Jamison Williams pick. 

IMO Sudfeld will likely be the #2 guy until Hooker is cleared to return from his ACL tear.