2023 Lions Roster

Louis Friend

1 hour ago, Louis Friend said:

Looking at salaries right now, Okudah has the 4th highest cap hit after Goff, Decker and Ragnow. We haven't picked up his 5th year option yet (if we do), I wonder if the lions will try to get him to renegotiate his deal to remove some of that cap hit. 

The only way to reduce his cap hit without a $10M cap hit would be a trade:

https://overthecap.com/player/jeff-okudah/8743

Personally, I think we would be lucky to get a conditional 5th round pick.

Edited by Just Want A Title

18 minutes ago, Louis Friend said:

When does his roster bonus payout? Or has it already?

The Lions could save them some money but the cap hit is the same no matter how he is cut.  I don't think there will be a re-negotiation because there is no real incentive for him to do so.  Guaranteed salary:  $5,182,072- Roster Bonus:  $4,172,072.  Base Salary:  $1,010,000

19 minutes ago, Just Want A Title said:

The Lions could save them some money but the cap hit is the same no matter how he is cut.  I don't think there will be a re-negotiation because there is no real incentive for him to do so.  Guaranteed salary:  $5,182,072- Roster Bonus:  $4,172,072.  Base Salary:  $1,010,000

I wasn't thinking of cutting him, I was thinking of changing his roster bonus to a signing bonus, adding a void year and cutting his cap in half. 

I also don't see any benefit in stretching his money out when his future with the team is uncertain at the very best and the team doesn't really need the relief at this point.

I was being facetious about cutting him because even though I think he's got no future with the team, the Lions will almost certainly keep him at least through camp in case of injury, unless someone will give them a draft pick for him, which is more or less impossible.

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, General Tso said:

So.. does anyone believe in Chase Lucas for 2024??

Eh, he’s a 7th round pick. I think becoming a rotational player would be best case scenario. Was interesting that they had him on the initial 53 man roster last season over James Houston.