Aaron Rodgers intends to play for the Jets

RaidersAreOne

TLDR?

Jets want Aaron. Aaron wants to play for the Jets. Packers want to transition to Love. 

Jets want #12 prior to week 1 (option date on his contract) of the nfl season - their pressure. Packers can't carry Aaron's contract all season - their pressure. Jets can't offer conditional 7th because they want Aaron; Packers can't ask for 2 #1's because they can't burn the bridge either and end up stuck with Aaron all year (if they don't meet in the middle and Jets move on there are no other suitors at this time. Jets moving on isn't good for the Packers as there isn't a known fallback position at this time). Both sides have to be adults and meet in the middle.

Packers rework contract around that option prior to trading (less $ on Jets cap) probably means the Pack get #13 and a conditional 2024 3rd that escalates to a 1 if Jets play in the Super Bowl (or some similar team success escalator).

Contract as-is probably means Pack get a second rounder this year and a #3/4 next that escalates to a 1 based on the same team success escalator as above).

3 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

Cheaper to attain, cheaper to have under contract, better player, more available player, just older. 

Easy choice really

Idk man it’s not just east to say “just older”

he’s literally got Lamar by more than a decade. Are you really gonna give up a ton of assets for a guy you hope plays two seasons? Idk man

2 minutes ago, brownie man said:

Idk man it’s not just east to say “just older”

he’s literally got Lamar by more than a decade. Are you really gonna give up a ton of assets for a guy you hope plays two seasons? Idk man

What’s considered a ton of assets, though? I doubt NY ends up giving away multiple 1s here. 

Would I give up a FRP for Rodgers, given my other options at QB and the last draft I just had? Definitely.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

What’s considered a ton of assets, though? I doubt NY ends up giving away multiple 1s here. 

Would I give up a FRP for Rodgers, given my other options at QB and the last draft I just had? Definitely.

I think it ultimately ends up being a 2nd this year and like a 3rd next year. The Packers and Rodgers are past the point of no return. There is no backing out. The Jets? They can back out anytime and spin it that the Packers wanted 3 first round picks to save face. If I am the Jets I'm walking to the table with my final take it or leave it offer. In no way am I giving up a first round pick let alone multiple for 1 to 2 years of Rodgers especially after how he played at times last season.

8 minutes ago, Pool said:

I think it ultimately ends up being a 2nd this year and like a 3rd next year. The Packers and Rodgers are past the point of no return. There is no backing out. The Jets? They can back out anytime and spin it that the Packers wanted 3 first round picks to save face. If I am the Jets I'm walking to the table with my final take it or leave it offer. In no way am I giving up a first round pick let alone multiple for 1 to 2 years of Rodgers especially after how he played at times last season.

1.  We all already know the Packers aren't asking for that much.

2.  The Packers can afford to wait until Week 1.

3.  The Jets have no other viable options at QB and have shown their hand.  Get Rodgers or bust.

4.  The Jets are under more pressure to get a deal done sooner.

I think the Packers have more leverage right now.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

1.  We all already know the Packers aren't asking for that much.

2.  The Packers can afford to wait until Week 1.

3.  The Jets have no other viable options at QB and have shown their hand.  Get Rodgers or bust.

4.  The Jets are under more pressure to get a deal done sooner.

I think the Packers have more leverage right now.

So the Jets bust and end up with a top 5 pick next year. Draft a QB and along with a fully healthy Hall make their run. If I'm the owner of the Jets I am perfectly fine with that. They have a solid young core and if I am them I am not rushing into anything. As for waiting till week 1, again, if I am the Jets I am making it extremely apparent that we get a deal done in the next month or there is no deal. What does GB do then? Bring Rodgers back to as their backup? I am sorry and I get its not that lopsided but I just can't see how there isn't more of a risk and more pressure on GB to move Rodgers than there is for the Jets to acquire him.

Edited by Pool

2 minutes ago, Pool said:

So the Jets bust and end up with a top 5 pick next year. Draft a QB and along with a fully healthy Hall make their run. If I'm the owner of the Jets I am perfectly fine with that. They have a solid young core and if I am them I am not rushing into anything. As for waiting till week 1, again, if I am the Jets I am making it extremely apparent that we get a deal done in the next month or there is no deal. What does GB do then? Bring Rodgers back to as their backup? I am sorry and I get its not that lopsided but I just can't see how there isn't more of a risk and more pressure on GB to move Rodgers than there is for the Jets to acquire him.

Seems to have worked out well for them with Darnold and Wilson. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Pool said:

So the Jets bust and end up with a top 5 pick next year. Draft a QB and along with a fully healthy Hall make their run. If I'm the owner of the Jets I am perfectly fine with that. They have a solid young core and if I am them I am not rushing into anything.

This shows why you aren't an NFL owner lol.

The Jets just did this, they got Zach Wilson....

Just now, Mdpackfan22 said:

Seems to have worked out well for them with Darnold and Wilson. 

What's your point? They have a young talented roster and I'm not selling the farm for 39 year old Rodgers (who clearly did not look like Rodgers of old last year) for 1 maybe 2 seasons.

2 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

This shows why you aren't an NFL owner lol.

The Jets just did this, they got Zach Wilson....

Doesn't mean every top 5 QB pick for them will bust just bc Wilson and Darnold did. But regardless of that, how does those QB's busting put more pressure on them to sign Rodgers? I don't think it does. I think their fan base is happy next year if they don't get Rodgers and roll into 2024 with a rookie QB. Especially if the asking price for Rodgers is just too high.

Edited by Pool

3 minutes ago, Pool said:

What's your point? They have a young talented roster and I'm not selling the farm for 39 year old Rodgers (who clearly did not look like Rodgers of old last year) for 1 maybe 2 seasons.

That a team who hasn't made the playoffs in 12 years probably shouldn't rely on a rookie QB when one of the greatest QBs of all time publicly states he wants to play for you.