Does the Rodgers trade REALLY solve NYJ's QB problem?

notthatbluestuff

On 3/23/2023 at 2:02 AM, NYRaider said:

He's a year removed from back to back MVPs and people are acting like he's cooked because he put up top 10 numbers with a super young WR group.

He will be in MVP discussion with the Jets this year. Pissed off, jaded, and healthy Aaron Rodgers?? Pleaseeeee

• Like 1

I think people are overthinking this. They almost made the playoffs with the worst QB in the league. Now they’re somewhere around top 10ish and maybe better if 22 was an aberration like 18.

It’s like when Brady went to Tampa and it was “he’s not a deep thrower and Arians is a vertical guy.” Then they got Brown and it was “there won’t be enough balls to go around.”

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

The better question is, when is it going to happen

If GB wants 2023 draft picks as a priority, the a tipping point for a side " giving in" is nfl draft.

If it goes past that, then once Jeys are into offseason OTA becomes another tipping point.

Then training camp starting.

Then regular season starting.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, adamq said:

Seems like both sides are playing chicken.. I think this could stretch out past the draft, both sides are stubborn

It will happen before or during the draft. Jets ownership, coaches, and GM didn't fly out to AR12 to wait until August to get this done. Jets didn't make Hackett their OC to wait until August to get AR12 into the mix.

3 hours ago, Tperk said:

It will happen before or during the draft. Jets ownership, coaches, and GM didn't fly out to AR12 to wait until August to get this done. Jets didn't make Hackett their OC to wait until August to get AR12 into the mix.

It should of already happened because of this. Both teams are 🙊'd in different ways if this deal falls through playing chicken. 

The Jets as a whole, more then the Packers. Instead of celebrating and pumping up the fan base and players heading into the draft, OTA's, TC everyone is on pins and needles waiting for it to explode?

Mess around and let another teams QB get hurt Teddy Bridgewater style out of the blue trying to wait and see what happens. 

Let the Patriots sign OBJ, trade for DHop and Belichick says here you go GB, #14 plus!!! Aaron want to win a SB as a Patriot? I've been there, Jets? Keep F-ing around! 👌

Edited by Nabbs4u
  • Like 3

I think that a trade will happen, but them flying out to see Rodgers isn't really that big of a deal for these guys. They have private jets, get to wine and dine someone (which includes themselves) and have more money than I can really comprehend. It would kinda be like a regular person taking the bus to go to Walmart, that's how little of a financial burden flying across the county would be for them.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, sparkyjoe1 said:

I think that a trade will happen, but them flying out to see Rodgers isn't really that big of a deal for these guys. They have private jets, get to wine and dine someone (which includes themselves) and have more money than I can really comprehend. It would kinda be like a regular person taking the bus to go to Walmart, that's how little of a financial burden flying across the county would be for them.

No one cares about a Billionaire paying for a Wine and Dine. 

Going ALL IN with a full court press to acquire Aaron by hiring his former OC who didn't deserve an actual Job in 2023 without Rodgers? Bringing in MVS? Selling your fan base on the hopes and aspirations of a Aaron Rodgers led Jets team "potential SB run"?

This falls through, the only singular and I do meaning singular option to salvage said debacle is trading for Lamar Jackson, at what cost? 

I fear for Joe Douglas's actual health in the City of NY, if he screws this up. 

2 hours ago, sparkyjoe1 said:

I ain't taking a bus to Walmart to look at a block of cheese unless I am pretty sure I am ready to pay a decent price for this block of cheese. Especially if you cannot get a block of cheese this good anywhere else on the bus route. They already bought the crackers(Hackett) and wine(Lazard) to pair with the block of cheese, no turning back now.

• Like 5

12 hours ago, squire12 said:

If GB wants 2023 draft picks as a priority, the a tipping point for a side " giving in" is nfl draft.

If it goes past that, then once Jeys are into offseason OTA becomes another tipping point.

Then training camp starting.

Then regular season starting.

It makes sense that the timing of the draft is critical. Jets need that 1st rounder now to make their run and expect next years to be at least 8 spots lower but GB knows that

12 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

It makes sense that the timing of the draft is critical. Jets need that 1st rounder now to make their run and expect next years to be at least 8 spots lower but GB knows that

How is either of these for value...

13 + 2024 filler picks

Or

42 and 43 in 2023 + 2024 filler picks

Filler picks being 3-7 round type swaps