Is QB Caleb Williams in the god tier of prospects?

RaidersAreOne

72JSWPTZZO5WGQJS5M3374NGNY.jpg

With one year remaining before he gets drafted, where would you rank the hype train for QB Caleb Williams? Everything I have read and watched screams true generational QB prospect. Has/will he reach the god tier of QB prospects in Manning/Luck/Lawrence, or is he simply a very good QB prospect? Also how do you project him at the next level? 

He has that level of talent but I'm not there yet. When I've watched him it seems like he uses his mobility and unreal escapability to make things happen a lot. I'd like to see more consistent quick decision making.

• Like 1

Sure fire #1 overall pick. Peyton had Leaf, Luck RG3, Lawrence I don't think anyone considered Wilson or Trey Lance (or Mac Jones) over him. I think that's fair. Caleb Williams will go #1 overall and Drake Maye, Quinn Ewers or someone will have outside -not consensus- hype of "oh he's better", but Williams is the guy.

He's not the same caliber of prospect at Luck or Lawrence IMO, but he's just below that. Clearly the favorite for #1 overall, but it wasn't something where you just see teams lining up and genuinely considering tanking before the league year has even begun.

• Like 2

Caleb Williams is a great leader, his teammates love the guy and he is super charismatic!  That could be where he has the edge.

Drake Maye could be the better pro though, and if he continues his progression and has another great year even without a lot of key receivers, he could be just as good if not better than Caleb Williams because he has a more talented throwing arm and is not as depending on his running ability even though he can run pretty well also.  Maye's mechanics and his deep passing is outstanding, spot on accurate!

• Like 1

I’ve got him over Lawrence easy. 

Same level as Luck. Sure fire number 1 pick 

your not going to be able to trade up for him

you’ll either have the number 1 pick and take him or you’ll be doing something else. Ain’t no trading up for Caleb next year. 

13 minutes ago, brownie man said:

your not going to be able to trade up for him

you’ll either have the number 1 pick and take him or you’ll be doing something else. Ain’t no trading up for Caleb next year. 

Trevor Lawrence?  The guy who beat #1 Alabama in the National Title game as a true freshman?  No way Caleb Williams has accomplished anything close to Trevor Lawrence in college football so far, maybe will next year but last year was a pretty big disappointment I would say.

Sure Lawrence lost the National Title SOPH year to Joe Burrow and LSU then lost to Ohio State and Justin Fields the year after that in the CFP.  Still Caleb Williams has not even got a shot at a National Title yet so he has a ways to go in terms of accomplishments.  

Not to mention Trevor Lawrence is a legit 6-6 with a extremely strong arm, throws with more velocity than Caleb does I would say.  And Caleb is what 6-1 or 6-0 tall?  Super charismatic and a great leader but not sure he is as rare of a talent that performed from the get go like Trevor Lawrence at a high level against high competition.  Sure Caleb was good for OU as a freshman but that Kansas game was rough and the Iowa State game was even more rough.  He has not even won a conference title has he?  

• Like 4

1 hour ago, brownie man said:

That’s pretty ridiculous, like, on its face. Luck and Lawrence were a cut above even guys like Burrow because they checked every box to the max. They were perfect prospects.

Caleb Williams is short, for starters. That already puts him below them. He also hasn’t won anything big yet.

Now, if he leads USC to an undefeated, NCG winning season next year, we can talk. But for a guy who doesn’t have prototype size against guys who did literally everything right, that’s what he has to do to sniff their level.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ozzy said:

Trevor Lawrence?  The guy who beat #1 Alabama in the National Title game as a true freshman?  No way Caleb Williams has accomplished anything close to Trevor Lawrence in college football so far, maybe will next year but last year was a pretty big disappointment I would say.

Sure Lawrence lost the National Title SOPH year to Joe Burrow and LSU then lost to Ohio State and Justin Fields the year after that in the CFP.  Still Caleb Williams has not even got a shot at a National Title yet so he has a ways to go in terms of accomplishments.  

Not to mention Trevor Lawrence is a legit 6-6 with an extremely strong arm, throws with more velocity than Caleb does I would say.  And Caleb is what 6-1 or 6-0 tall?  Super charismatic and a great leader but not sure he is as rare of a talent that performed from the get go like Trevor Lawrence at a high level against high competition.  Sure Caleb was good for OU as a freshman but that Kansas game was rough and the Iowa State game was even more rough.  He has not even won a conference title has he?  

I had Burrow over Lawrence too!

He was the best college passer I’d ever seen even over Luck. Joe Burrow was literally Tom Brady in college. 

I personally would put him over Luck. Luck was the better athlete, but to me Joe was the better full field passer from the pocket. He can throw every single route with accuracy. And he can escape enough to really make some big plays. 

Id put it 

Burrow

Luck

Caleb

Lawrence 

Caleb isn’t as big as Lawrence, but neither is Pat Mahomes. 

Caleb has the arm talent. And his athleticism. He’s just got it. I would take Caleb to be a better passer than Lawrence. Go look at their stats. Caleb is putting up better numbers with lesser talent around him than Lawrence did at Clemson. Completion percentage total TDs and TD to int ratio. 

Go watch the film too. Caleb nice 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Daniel said:

That’s pretty ridiculous, like, on its face. Luck and Lawrence were a cut above even guys like Burrow because they checked every box to the max. They were perfect prospects.

Caleb Williams is short, for starters. That already puts him below them. He also hasn’t won anything big yet.

Now, if he leads USC to an undefeated, NCG winning season next year, we can talk. But for a guy who doesn’t have prototype size against guys who did literally everything right, that’s what he has to do to sniff their level.

a22a555a48b981f531477e3ed028de2d

He's not a short 6'1" if he's 6'1". CJ Stroud measured at 6'3" and Duggan 6'1" at the combine.

• Like 2