Is QB Caleb Williams in the god tier of prospects?

RaidersAreOne

I came back to this thread, and although I have nothing more to add... the picture of Caleb Williams touching the Heisman was bothering me. If you wear a suit cut the designer label off the cuff/sleeve. It's not meant to stay on. Is this a young people trend, or is he just unaware? Is this a Gucci thing? I dislike it and dislike his suit in general too. The Gucci part of it works with him, but the stupid Adidas stripes and logo are ugly. Does he have an Adidas NIL deal or something?

2 hours ago, Trojan said:

I came back to this thread, and although I have nothing more to add... the picture of Caleb Williams touching the Heisman was bothering me. If you wear a suit cut the designer label off the cuff/sleeve. It's not meant to stay on. Is this a young people trend, or is he just unaware? Is this a Gucci thing? I dislike it and dislike his suit in general too. The Gucci part of it works with him, but the stupid Adidas stripes and logo are ugly. Does he have an Adidas NIL deal or something?

Haha! Can confirm it is a “cool person” thing, apparently.

7 hours ago, brownie man said:

I had Burrow over Lawrence too!

He was the best college passer I’d ever seen even over Luck. Joe Burrow was literally Tom Brady in college. 

I personally would put him over Luck. Luck was the better athlete, but to me Joe was the better full field passer from the pocket. He can throw every single route with accuracy. And he can escape enough to really make some big plays. 

Id put it 

Burrow

Luck

Caleb

Lawrence 

Caleb isn’t as big as Lawrence, but neither is Pat Mahomes. 

Caleb has the arm talent. And his athleticism. He’s just got it. I would take Caleb to be a better passer than Lawrence. Go look at their stats. Caleb is putting up better numbers with lesser talent around him than Lawrence did at Clemson. Completion percentage total TDs and TD to int ratio. 

Go watch the film too. Caleb nice 

Caleb is a good player yes, but Trevor Lawrence is way more physically rare in terms of his size, athletic ability and arm talent.  Caleb might have rare charisma and leadership but is not rare physically speaking.

I still say Drake Maye could easily be just as good if not better than Caleb in the NFL.  Both great QBs and possibly both would be picked over the guys this year at QB.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Caleb is way better than Lawrence creating plays out of structure, extending plays, and making off-platform throws. 

Sure but until he wins a conference title, plays in a National Title game and wins it or at least gets to the CFP, I will hold off a bit on comparing him to the likes of Trevor Lawrence, Joe Burrow and Andrew Luck.

Even though Peyton Manning is better than all of them and played when football was a little bit harder of a sport.  It is a lot easier to play QB now than back in 1998.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Sure but until he wins a conference title, plays in a National Title game and wins it or at least gets to the CFP, I will hold off a bit on comparing him to the likes of Trevor Lawrence, Joe Burrow and Andrew Luck.

I forgot all of Andrew Luck's heisman trophy's and national championships.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Trojan said:

a22a555a48b981f531477e3ed028de2d

He's not a short 6'1" if he's 6'1". CJ Stroud measured at 6'3" and Duggan 6'1" at the combine.

He’s listed as 6’1” which was surprising to me when I read it. If he’s not actually that short, that does eliminate a problem, but I still think he’s pretty clearly below Lawrence and Luck by a pretty significant margin.

21 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I forgot all of Andrew Luck's heisman trophy's and national championships.

Luck would have been in the CFP that final year I believe if there was one, and his RS FR year he did beat Oregon, the only team to do it that year outside of Ohio State in the Rose bowl and the following year Oregon got to the National Title game.

Caleb Williams did beat the Oregon Ducks in the 2021 Alamo Bowl his freshman year, but clearly they were not the same Oregon Ducks in 2021 without Chip Kelly.  

4 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Luck would have been in the CFP that final year I believe if there was one, and his RS FR year he did beat Oregon, the only team to do it that year outside of Ohio State in the Rose bowl and the following year Oregon got to the National Title game.

USC went 4-8 in 2021 and then went 11-1 in year one with Caleb at QB.

• Like 3

I think Caleb Williams is definitely right in that ballpark of generational QB prospect going into his Junior year. He has incredible arm talent, has great athleticism, great production, has the awareness on the field to make some “Mahomes type throws”, and no legitimate concerns over his size.

No. I think he's a legitimate #1 overall pick, but I wouldn't put him up there with the handful of elite prospects.

I honestly think I might like Bryce Young more. Again, I think Williams is going to be great...but I don't really want to throw him in the category with Andrew Luck, Reggie Bush, Trevor Lawrence, Calvin Johnson, Adrian Peterson, Joe Thomas, Quentin Nelson, Julius Peppers, & Sean Taylor.

Those are my only "God Mode" prospects.

• Like 1