Raiders re-sign DT Jerry Tillery

RaidersAreOne

12 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

I personally think each signing warrants a thread @NYRaider

Not sure what the message to NYRaider was about, but I love each signing having their own thread. I come here to our site religiously and simply look for threads to see about FA updates. Keep them coming. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 101Raider said:

Not sure what the message to NYRaider was about, but I love each signing having their own thread. I come here to our site religiously and simply look for threads to see about FA updates. Keep them coming. 

He posted the news well before this thread in the FA thread, so I just pointed out I too think it's nice having each thread separated. 

FWIW I can't remember which fan forum it was but I checked it out last week and 99% of posts were in one thread. Like every single FA signing was mixed in with 100's of pages. I had a panic attack haha.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bucksavage1 said:

Solid players to be honest. Spillane, Epps and Facyon are better players than we had, with the exception of Perryman. Small steps to building a better defense

I think Spillane and Epps are lateral moves at best compared to Perryman/Harmon. Faycon is decent depth though. They look pretty committed to just running it back with the same group.

2 hours ago, NYRaider said:

I think Spillane and Epps are lateral moves at best compared to Perryman/Harmon. Faycon is decent depth though. They look pretty committed to just running it back with the same group.

Defense is about getting more guys that fit the scheme and system the coaches are trying to run.  We’re not gonna over haul everyone exception of Maxx. 

Just now, bucksavage1 said:

Defense is about getting more guys that fit the scheme and system the coaches are trying to run.  We’re not gonna over haul everyone exception of Maxx. 

I'm still unsure about what system Graham wants to run. We need to completely overhaul the defense, imo.

3 hours ago, NYRaider said:

I'm still unsure about what system Graham wants to run. We need to completely overhaul the defense, imo.

I think it’s very clear they intend to do that via the draft. I’d guess we’ll see a steady flow of low level depth pieces like Tillery and Facson come in over the next few days with perhaps another couple of slightly more expensive Epps types.

Comp update: Jerry Tillery’s deal with the #Raiders is a two-year contract for $7M, worth up to $8M. Also includes $5.6M guaranteed, source says.

Could be a situational piece. If they counting on him as a starter we are cooked...

Tillery, Nichols, Butler, Farrell all tall, big guys. PG kinda IDLs. Hopefully we get another run stuffing guy like Robinson or Billings and then a quality pass rusher via draft

38 minutes ago, Rolni said:

Comp update: Jerry Tillery’s deal with the #Raiders is a two-year contract for $7M, worth up to $8M. Also includes $5.6M guaranteed, source says.

Could be a situational piece. If they counting on him as a starter we are cooked...

Tillery, Nichols, Butler, Farrell all tall, big guys. PG kinda IDLs. Hopefully we get another run stuffing guy like Robinson or Billings and then a quality pass rusher via draft

2 yr/$7M was more than I expected him to get.

• Like 1