Jump to content

Lamar Jackson to the WC Heating up - Per Schefter


Recommended Posts

Attached is the "tiktok" from pardon my take segment where Schefter receives a text about the WC sending 3 first round picks to the ravens for Lamar Jackson, deal could be finalized sometime tonight. Commanders fully guaranteed 6 years in new deal

 

https://www.tiktok.com/@pardonmytake/video/7206426524696857899?_r=1&_t=8agE3QHICrb

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, JetsFanFromPitt said:

Attached is the "tiktok" from pardon my take segment where Schefter receives a text about the WC sending 3 first round picks to the ravens for Lamar Jackson, deal could be finalized sometime tonight. Commanders fully guaranteed 6 years in new deal

 

https://www.tiktok.com/@pardonmytake/video/7206426524696857899?_r=1&_t=8agE3QHICrb

WOOOOOOOSH

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

I have to say, I won’t be mad if somehow in June or July after we get a new owner that we’ve traded for Lamar & given him a contract extension.

Lamar w/ Bieniemy would be fun to watch & would be a super creative offense. Lamar w/ our RBs & throwing to Terry, Jahan & Curtis would be explosive. We’d be a contender w/ that offense & our D.

I can definitely see Lamar getting back to his MVP ways with Bieniemy drawing up plays & with our weapons to throw to:

Passing: 66%, 4250 yds, 35 Tds

Rushing: 150 carries, 1000 yds, 5 TDs

Edited by turtle28
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

I have to say, I won’t be mad if somehow in June or July after we get a new owner that we’ve traded for Lamar & given him a contract extension.

Lamar w/ Bieniemy would be fun to watch & would be a super creative offense. Lamar w/ our RBs & throwing to Terry, Jahan & Curtis would be explosive. We’d be a contender w/ that offense & our D.

I can definitely see Lamar getting back to his MVP ways with Bieniemy drawing up plays & with our weapons to throw to:

Passing: 66%, 4250 yds, 35 Tds

Rushing: 150 carries, 1000 yds, 5 TDs

I really agree. @MikeT14 said it well in the other thread, at some point maybe we just have to take a big swing that could go either incredibly or terribly. Probably better than just hovering around the middle like they’ve been doing.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, e16bball said:

I really agree. @MikeT14 said it well in the other thread, at some point maybe we just have to take a big swing that could go either incredibly or terribly. Probably better than just hovering around the middle like they’ve been doing.

Given how “big swings” tend to work around here, it will go terribly wrong in a number of ways.  

Watch Lamar show up to his first camp post-signing like this 

Ben Stiller Dodgeball GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Given how “big swings” tend to work around here, it will go terribly wrong in a number of ways.  

Watch Lamar show up to his first camp post-signing like this 

Ben Stiller Dodgeball GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment

I’m mean maybe but I’d rather try than to strive to stay mediocre which is what’s we’re doing.

That’s how I felt with the trade up for RG3 too, while I didn’t love it, I felt we needed to take a chance to get an elite QB prospect bc we hadn’t had one in forever.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Given how “big swings” tend to work around here, it will go terribly wrong in a number of ways.  

Watch Lamar show up to his first camp post-signing like this 

Ben Stiller Dodgeball GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment

😂

Deep down, I think that’s what all of us would expecting. Or a big injury on our stupid field early in the contract. The PTSD runs deep.

But really, the only time it’s ever really felt like we mattered in a league-wide sense in the last two decade or more was when we had RGIII doing special things as a rookie. There was actual hope that something could develop and we could go every bit as far as that special QB could take us. Even with Kirk, it always felt like we needed to build a totally complete and excellent roster that would take the QB to the special places. 

Lamar is capable of that kind of thing. He takes a beating with the fans for being a “RB playing QB,” but I watch him a lot because my girlfriend and most of our friends are Ravens fans, and he’s much better as a passer than people want to act. As @turtle28 said, with a better group of receivers and a more advanced passing scheme, he might be able to evolve further away from the young guy who ran first and passed second. The legs will always be his superpower, but there’s more to be unlocked with the arm, I think.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, e16bball said:

😂

Deep down, I think that’s what all of us would expecting. Or a big injury on our stupid field early in the contract. The PTSD runs deep.

But really, the only time it’s ever really felt like we mattered in a league-wide sense in the last two decade or more was when we had RGIII doing special things as a rookie. There was actual hope that something could develop and we could go every bit as far as that special QB could take us. Even with Kirk, it always felt like we needed to build a totally complete and excellent roster that would take the QB to the special places. 

Lamar is capable of that kind of thing. He takes a beating with the fans for being a “RB playing QB,” but I watch him a lot because my girlfriend and most of our friends are Ravens fans, and he’s much better as a passer than people want to act. As @turtle28 said, with a better group of receivers and a more advanced passing scheme, he might be able to evolve further away from the young guy who ran first and passed second. The legs will always be his superpower, but there’s more to be unlocked with the arm, I think.

100 Percent Agree GIF by HBO

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...