James Robinson signed by Patriots

DoleINGout

1 hour ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Is he any good? 

For replacing James White, yes. 

Also I learned watching other teams. The money paid  (8 million) doesn't mean crap!!!! Its easy to work the books, something the Pats won't do!!!! I'm not saying go crazy like the Rams but look at the Chiefs.

• Like 1

We don't know the guaranteed money or cap hit yet.. so I wouldn't read much into the 8M. 

As a rookie and second year player he was awesome for the Jags. Meyer tried phasing him out but he was too good that Lawrence was always complaining they need to get him more snaps. If I remember right he tore his achilles week 16, 2 years ago so last season was kind of like a rehab year for him. He still looked pretty good with the Jags but by the time he got to the Jets he didn't perform for 2 reasons... 1) their OL was in shambles 2) They didn't want to give him a lot of reps because I believe he was a conditional pick, so they would have had to give up more compensation if he performed better.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, m haynes said:

For replacing James White, yes.

He's nothing like James White. If anything, a very similar player to "Mondre, so feels a bit like a redundant signing.

If they're banking on last season being a recovering period coming back from the Achilles, he was a pretty damn good player pre-injury. He actually looked pretty good early last season before getting traded to the Jets. Then it just seemed like it was never a fit there.

25 minutes ago, Nex_Gen said:

He's nothing like James White. If anything, a very similar player to "Mondre, so feels a bit like a redundant signing.

If they're banking on last season being a recovering period coming back from the Achilles, he was a pretty damn good player pre-injury. He actually looked pretty good early last season before getting traded to the Jets. Then it just seemed like it was never a fit there.

I should of said he can catch the ball. I assumed that's why he was signed. Yes He can run the ball but that will be in relief for Mondre.