Your top 3 fan favorite FA signings ever.

TecmoSuperJoe

On 3/16/2023 at 1:12 PM, INbengalfan said:

1.  DJ Reader

2.  Bobbie Williams

3.  Orlando Brown

Yeah they are mostly recent guys, since Mike Brown treated free agency like Reece cups for someone with a severe peanut allergy.  Reader helped solidify the defense.  Williams was Marvin's first free agent here.  Both were culture leaders/builders in the locker room.  As for Brown, any protection is a great thing for Burrow.  Cappa/Karras could slide into this spot as well

Antwan Odom!

I didn't witness the signings of Kevin Greene and barely remember the signings of Farrior and Hartings so I'm at a little bit of a loss for the Steelers. 

Joe Haden was a great signing
James Daniels (embarrassing since this was just last offseason)
Mewelde Moore was a fun player for us on a SB winner. 
Honestly, I really liked the Duce Staley signing too. He wasn't that good for us, though. 

12 minutes ago, INbengalfan said:

Definitely up there with them.

Honestly it's been so long I can't even remember. All I know is that I was excited when we finally spent some money to sign a FA and he had that 5 sack performance. Pretty sure he washed out of the league a few years later.

Delanie Walker - Was one of the few bright spots on some of the worst Titans teams in Franchise history, and I'm glad he got to see us(and be apart of us) getting out of the cellar before a rough injury ended his career. Surpassed Wycheck as the best TE in franchise history.

Kevin Mawae - Mawae was 35 when we signed him in free agency in 2006, and yet still gave us 4 years of great center play. Rare to see a guy maintain hall of fame level play that late in their career.

Ben Jones - While Jones wasn't exactly Mawae-level, he was still outstanding from the jump signing in 2016 and playing through this past season. Maybe not a tougher man in football.

Hope he gets paid a ton and enjoys wherever he goes.

Shout outs to Kyle Vanden-Bosch, Chris Hope, Brian Orakpo, Randall Godfrey, Nate Washington and Logan Ryan as well though. Denico Autry is working his way up the list too.

7 hours ago, SmittyBacall said:

Honestly it's been so long I can't even remember. All I know is that I was excited when we finally spent some money to sign a FA and he had that 5 sack performance. Pretty sure he washed out of the league a few years later.

He did.  That's why I have Bobby Williams over him.  Never flashy, but very consistent.  Carson's first true interior body guard.