Valhalla Mock Draft MMXXIII: Colts on the Clock (#4)

swede700

With pick #4, the Indianapolis Colts select:  

22 members have voted

1. 1. With pick #4, the Indianapolis Colts select:

• OT Paris Johnson, Jr (Ohio St)
    • Edge Tyree Wilson (Texas Tech)
    • CB Christian Gonzalez (Oregon)
    • DT Jalen Carter (Georgia)
    • Edge Myles Murphy (Clemson)
    • WR Quentin Johnson (TCU)
    • QB Anthony Richardson (Florida)
    • OT Broderick Jones (Georgia)
    • CB Joey Porter, Jr (Penn St)
    • QB Will Levis (Kentucky)
    • Other (Specify preference in thread)

9 minutes ago, wcblack34 said:

Minshew isn't there to mentor the next guy. He's there to take the hits while the coaching staff gets Richardson ready and he can keep the team competitive-ish for the season without breaking the bank. 

Then I question who is he learning from?  Minshew certainly isn't going to be playing the same style of football that Minshew does.  His QB coach will be the guy who was Kyler's QB coach, and we've seen how that's panned out thus far.  If this comes to fruition, I just don't see how it works out.  But, I could be surprised.     

2 minutes ago, swede700 said:

Then I question who is he learning from?  Minshew certainly isn't going to be playing the same style of football that Minshew does.  His QB coach will be the guy who was Kyler's QB coach, and we've seen how that's panned out thus far.  If this comes to fruition, I just don't see how it works out.  But, I could be surprised.     

The QB (Richardson or Levis) will be learning the Steichen system, which Minshew has played in. Regardless, it isn't the starting QB's job to teach the next guy. It's nice when it happens, but it isn't the only way a QB can learn. 

Is it just pure coincidence that I'm playing a preseason game against the Colts in 2027 on Madden 23 and Anthony Richardson is their starting QB?  (BTW for those that care, I signed Jack Campbell as a FA this season after Kendricks retired...)

• Like 1