Week 13 GDT: Pats visit Buffalo

Deadpulse

Pats vs Bills  

11 members have voted

1. 1. How many yards will Lesean McCoy get?

• under 50 - Patriots take away the Bills best weapon on offense
    • 100+ - Lesean takes advantage of the matchups and keeps the Bills in the game
    • 100+ - Lesean gets a bunch of garbage time yards and inflates the stats
  2. 2. Who has the best day?

• Tom Brady
    • Lesean McCoy
    • Dion Lewis
    • Rob Gronkowski
    • Tyrod Taylor
  3. 3. Which injured player is most likely to play

• Kelvin Benjamin
    • Chris Hogan
    • Kyle Van Noy

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/03/2017 at 06:30 PM

6 minutes ago, bluemushrooms said:

Unfortunately, Gronk being a huge public figure means the league can't take it easy on him.  And handing out concussions is no joke either.  I'd say 1-2 games is fair; general public will probably call for more since everyone is aware of, and zoned in on CTE.  

I'd be disappointed if this was taken into account, and he obviously didn't mean to concuss him. 

5 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

I'd be disappointed if this was taken into account, and he obviously didn't mean to concuss him. 

Taken into account in the sense that they're going to lean heavier on punishment rather than lighter.  If they're on the fence  or there's grey area between 1 game susp vs. 2 game susp; they're going to go with the 2 game.  

So let's just say he misses Pittsburgh game, because he probably will - everyone can't wait to try and bring the empire down in any way possible - how much do we miss him? Difference between win and loss, or just find another way to move the ball?

21 minutes ago, cddolphin said:

oh! Well as long as Gronk drove his forearm into the back of a prone player's head without the INTENT of concussing him, that's what matters

Careful, this kind of post never leads to good discussion. 

@iothar, same to you, this line of conversation will not lead to good places if we are calling out other players on visiting member's teams. 

3 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:
41 minutes ago, cddolphin said:

oh! Well as long as Gronk drove his forearm into the back of a prone player's head without the INTENT of concussing him, that's what matters

cc, I like you, but get out.

c'mon man, I just called out this post. Don't lead us down the road I feared. @cddolphin is definitely welcome here as long as it does not cause more of these posts

26 minutes ago, tonyto36 said:

There is zero chance he gets multiple games.

He probably gets 1 like Mike Williams did for "going after a player". Similar if not totally equivalent actions.

Only hang-up is that Williams didn't go after the head which is why 2 might be on the table if the NFL wants to flex it's "we hate CTE" muscle.

Here's what Williams did to earn the 1 game suspension:

http://www.theadvocate.com/new_orleans/sports/saints/article_ef7edd76-c336-11e7-a089-0f54ca66e605.html

On 04/12/2017 at 11:33 PM, tonyto36 said:

Part of that is just playing against stupid overaggressive defensive lines who are selling out on Brady.

True, but the wider point is that last year DLs could afford to sell-out against the pass on 1st down, and not get punished for it. This is where the off-season investment in RBs is bearing fruit. I liked Blount, but Lewis and Burkhead are for more dynamic, and are making teams pay for focusing on the pass too much.

Archived