Who's Catching Passes from Jordan Love?

Packerraymond

If they get 13 from NY I can see them going with JSN with either 13 or 15.

If they only get 43… I can see them using that and like a 4th or 3rd to trade up to get Hyatt at the beginning of the 2nd.

so like: Watson, Doubs, JSN/Hyatt, Some Veteran (let’s say Davis after he gets cut)… and 5/6 is some mix of Toure, Melton, or later round WR they pick.

37 minutes ago, gopackgo972 said:

Dalton Kincaid and Jaxon Smith-Njigba. 

Those guys would eat and grow with Love.  Really setting up Love for success.  Love the concept but I think Gute would take Van Ness or Nolan Smith with one of those picks. JMO

Edited by NFLGURU

46 minutes ago, craig said:

Would love to see Toure emerge as a productive guy.  Opportunity knocks.  

Yeah, he's kind of the mystery guy isn't he?

Hard to get a good read on some of these guys because they were ignored by Rodgers.   We'll see if Love will rejuvenate them.

Edited by NFLGURU

over the last 4 years, GB has averaged 564 pass attempts per season.  that may drop a little if Love is less likely to audible into pass plays compared to Rodgers.  

lets say it is around 550 pass attempts per season

• RB1+2:  120 targets 
    • previous 4 year average around 107.  Probably gets a boost
  • WR1:  Watson 110-120   
    • Adams was an outlier pushing targets into the 140-170 range
  • WR2:  Doubs 90-100
  • WR3:  Toure/Draft pick 70
  • TE1:  60 likely a draft pick
  • TE2:  30-40 likely vet or draft pick 
  • FB/Hback:  Deguara 30
  • leaves about 20-30 for WR4, RB3, WR5, TE3

I think you are looking at 2 TE draft picks and a WR mid rounds to fill those roles

5 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

You can't have a WR room of Watson, Doubs, Toure, Melton, DP, DP. Need some kind of vet in there. Be interesting what dumpster dive they can do. Personally think Marvin Jones Jr is the perfect add.

Why not?  you have 3 players that are young, but played a decent number of snaps last season.  The offense may look much different in how things get run.  I think 1 WR draft pick and 2 TE (or 1 TE + a late/cheaper vet).

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, squire12 said:

Why not?  you have 3 players that are young, but played a decent number of snaps last season.  The offense may look much different in how things get run.  I think 1 WR draft pick and 2 TE (or 1 TE + a late/cheaper vet).

That's 6 guys who don't have a clue how the NFL game works with a QB who's started 1 game. That's not how you build a team. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Packerraymond said:

You can't have a WR room of Watson, Doubs, Toure, Melton, DP, DP. Need some kind of vet in there. Be interesting what dumpster dive they can do. Personally think Marvin Jones Jr is the perfect add.

This is correct and I agree completely.

Watson, Doubs and Toure with another second rounder is plenty for a veteran QB. Not for a first year starter.

UNLESS - and this is what you maybe haven’t considered - Gute wants to get Love to a team friendly long term deal.

And I think he does.

It’s genius when you think about it. I’d Love goes for 20 touchdowns and 10 interceptions with that group, the Packers will know what he’s worth. Other teams won’t.

This is never considered in free agency. It’s why MVS just went for 10 per and Lazard 11 per and why the Patriots always get comp picks for their corners.

NFL players are worth what NFL fans think they’re worth.