Who's Catching Passes from Jordan Love?

Packerraymond

45 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Ok, next season I am giving you Watson, Doubs, Toure, Draft Pick X, and a vet.  You get 2 million dollars for one year or 5 over two.  Who is your vet?  Is he contributing or just playing den mother?

Heh heh, our cap is so tight, I'm not even sure that burning $2 in cap or $5/2 in cap for den mother is even possible? 

Yeah, Jones would be nice for all of those roles.  He might be good enough to steal some snaps, which might or might not be desirable.  

Randall Cobb might be an option?  He knows MLF and the system, and is all class.  So he might be an excellent den mother?  Younger than Jones, and still a capable player if you'd prefer giving snaps to the den mother than to younger prospects.  

Maybe if you want a cheaper den mother, and maybe one who wouldn't steal many snaps from younger guys if you don't want that, how about Kumerow?  :):):). Experienced vet, has been in lots of camps so familiar with learning new playbooks and stuff; familiar with MLF and the system; willing blocker, could be a good den mother for that?  

8 hours ago, vegas492 said:

Every team has JAGS on the DL to eat snaps, right?  Why can't our JAGS be Slaton, Slayton and Ford?  Our two real DL's are Clark and Wyatt.  I mean, did I miss something and Slayton and Ford are somehow gone from us?  I really can't remember.

Sure we can draft another one when value meets the pick, but that shouldn't be a terrible 5 to start with.

Slaton is more than a JAG though, just IMO.  Think Barry's DL usage/scheme left him on the sidelines more often than they should have.  Love the guy's first step and size/explosiveness mix.  Still learning the pro game but he was looking better as the year went on.  Probably would have seen more reps but Reed started finding his stride at the same time and is a lot more seasoned, so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Receiving room is rough no doubt though.  Don't think it's necessarily that the cupboard is bare, but that it's so insanely raw and untested.  Personally I think all three of Watson, Doubs and Toure have legitimate potential in the league.  Potential is just that though until it's realized and it's never a guarantee that'll happen.  Wish they had a legit WR1 to carry the load as they grow, but maybe being thrown into the fire with Love will be what they need?  Watson is such an athlete that he can produce regardless though.  And I'm probably the only person still fully on the Deguara train; wouldn't be shocked if he put up 800+ receiving next season with Love if he stays healthy.  He gets open really consistently and he's precise in his route tree in a way a young QB can really lean on.  Rodgers refusing to throw to TEs really skews the ability to determine their value, but I'm putting it out here officially that I see him exploding next season.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MrBobGray said:

Slaton is more than a JAG though, just IMO.  Think Barry's DL usage/scheme left him on the sidelines more often than they should have.  Love the guy's first step and size/explosiveness mix.  Still learning the pro game but he was looking better as the year went on.  Probably would have seen more reps but Reed started finding his stride at the same time and is a lot more seasoned, so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Receiving room is rough no doubt though.  Don't think it's necessarily that the cupboard is bare, but that it's so insanely raw and untested.  Personally I think all three of Watson, Doubs and Toure have legitimate potential in the league.  Potential is just that though until it's realized and it's never a guarantee that'll happen.  Wish they had a legit WR1 to carry the load as they grow, but maybe being thrown into the fire with Love will be what they need?  Watson is such an athlete that he can produce regardless though.  And I'm probably the only person still fully on the Deguara train; wouldn't be shocked if he put up 800+ receiving next season with Love if he stays healthy.  He gets open really consistently and he's precise in his route tree in a way a young QB can really lean on.  Rodgers refusing to throw to TEs really skews the ability to determine their value, but I'm putting it out here officially that I see him exploding next season.

Sounds like I should find a futures over/under for Deguara, try to buy higher odds for more yards and put a few coins on it 😎

2 minutes ago, MrBobGray said:

No, you are not alone on the Deguara train, but sometimes it just isn't worth fighting the group think narratives that run out of control here. Like the bashing of Lowry now as he is heading out of town. Not worth the brain damage.  

1 minute ago, R T said:

No, you are not alone on the Deguara train, but sometimes it just isn't worth fighting the group think narratives that run out of control here. Like the bashing of Lowry now as he is heading out of town. Not worth the brain damage.  

The Lowry "bashing" is warranted.

5 minutes ago, R T said:

No it isn't, Lowry gave 100% every day he was a Packers and should be thanked for the years he gave to the Packers.     

If I saw him in person I would thank him. On a forum focused on the future of football discussing his actual ability, we can state the obvious. Nobody's feelings will be hurt. I promise :)

Edited by incognito_man

22 minutes ago, MrBobGray said:

And I'm probably the only person still fully on the Deguara train; wouldn't be shocked if he put up 800+ receiving next season with Love if he stays healthy.  He gets open really consistently and he's precise in his route tree in a way a young QB can really lean on.  Rodgers refusing to throw to TEs really skews the ability to determine their value, but I'm putting it out here officially that I see him exploding next season.

I definitely think he'll see an uptick in opportunity and he's besties with Love so that won't hurt. Do you think they'll use him more on the LOS as a Y though versus his H-back type role he's kind of fell into the last two years with Tonyan around? That would be my only reservation in thinking his numbers are going to blow up.

3 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

If I saw him in person I would thank him. On a forum focused on the future of football discussing his actual ability, we can state the obvious. Nobody's feelings will be hurt. I promise :)

As a yearly TC attendee for the last decade, for some odd reason Lowry was kind of an ***. Not sure why but the guy literally never interacted with fans, never signed autos (even for kids), etc. Has nothing to do with his play but I always found it interesting that he acted that way, especially when he's not a superstar player.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

As a yearly TC attendee for the last decade, for some odd reason Lowry was kind of an ***. Not sure why but the guy literally never interacted with fans, never signed autos (even for kids), etc. Has nothing to do with his play but I always found it interesting that he acted that way, especially when he's not a superstar player.

Maybe he has read this forum. 

• Like 1