2023 Draft Discussion (Day2pg18)

Chiefs_5627

3 minutes ago, Chiefer said:

I saw 26, still 24 is pretty old for a prospect 

Oh! Yeah idk man, I just went to Google for his age and I saw 23 going on 24 soon, I thought you were making a funny haha. 

I very well could be wrong too 🤷

56 minutes ago, onejayhawk said:

Wow. Dallas had a real hard-on for Eric Scott. Trading a 2024 4th-round pick to get him.

Thompson seems to be mislabeled as a safety. They also listed the weight at 210. Drafting an Edge makes a great deal more sense. It's weird that they would draft someone that old.

so that is where #178 went??

I’m usually pretty hard on the Chiefs compared to others.   But I am thrilled with this class.   Just solid football players.   BJ Thompson I paused a bit on, but honestly this draft is a crapshoot that late and Edge is a spot we can house a young developmental guy all year.   

14 minutes ago, KC_Guy said:

I'm kind lost about the DL - look at this ... I have no clue where to put the new draft pickls if I think about a DL of 9 players  ...

who is going to be out??

My initial thought:

DE: Omenihu, FAU
NT: Nnadi, Coburn
DT: Jones, Wharton
DE: Karlaftis, Danna, Thompson

Can run 10 if someone really proves worth it. We've gone deeper there before at the expense of LB. If Coburn doesn't look capable of backing up Nnadi, could try to practice squad him and keep the most competent of Cowart or Shelton. I do think that drafting a second edge probably doesn't bode well for Kaindoh or Herring. Thompson is raw, and someone we clearly had ranked higher than consensus, so maybe they risk the PS for him? Makes the investment risky though.

But just based on contract structure, of the cheap guys, Nnadi and Wharton are the ones that would actually cost something to cut. Could cut Danna if someone really shines, but that's doubtful to me that someone would supplant him. So I would just imagine that Cowart, Shelton, Kaindoh, Herring, Wise, and Hoskins all get the boot.

And then the top 4 DEs would all see their share of snaps inside on later downs.