Eagles sign Marcus Mariota (1 year / 5 million)

TheRealMcCoy

5 minutes ago, scar988 said:

How’s he gonna just dip after getting benched during the bye when Ridder needed a mentor most? He can go fly a kite as my dad would say. 

Yeah. That's definitely some take my ball and leave type energy.

The good thing is he should know coming in he's nothing more than a back-up here.

But, if Marcus tries to up and flee during the season then Big Dom just gonna have to track him down and drag his *** back to Philly..

DXY2SUJINVHMBCNAVRUWFQFRBA.jpg

Mariota is a class act, don’t let a classless fan base tell you otherwise. He was crapped on from the start. He had season-ending knee surgery and a kid, I’d spend time with my newborn too. Glad to see he’s getting another shot as a back-up. Philly is a great spot for him, would love to see him even for one game with those weapons.

24 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Best options left are Wentz, Ryan, and Bridgewater. 

Brady coming out of retirement a second time to lead the Jets of all teams to a SB would be insane.

Chip Kelly should like this signing. Just a little late.

Edited by Trojan
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, swoosh said:

Mariota is a class act, don’t let a classless fan base tell you otherwise. He was crapped on from the start. He had season-ending knee surgery and a kid, I’d spend time with my newborn too. Glad to see he’s getting another shot as a back-up. Philly is a great spot for him, would love to see him even for one game with those weapons.

Have to admit, I do think him choosing to spend time with his newborn rather then babysitting his replacement has been way blown out of proportion. 

That said. Given his skillset at least the Eagles don't have to change the entire game plan (RPO based) for a QB who is psychically unable to run a RPO offense. That's a postive! 

• Like 2