Who is worth a trade up?

onejayhawk

Last spring the team arranged a trade with New England to get Trent McDuffie. Veach said later that McDuffie was one of 15-ish 1st round grades in the draft, so drafting him at #21 was a small coup. With four QB almost certain to go in the top 10, it's again likely that a true 1st round talent will slip through.

Who would you pull the trigger to get?

My list is surprisingly short. It skips over QB, RB, and CB. Carter will probably be gone, but I would want him well vetted. Bresee is purely on physical traits because he did not dominate in college.

Will Anderson
Tyree  Wilson
Myles Murphy
Quentin Johnston
Paris Johnson

Jalen Carter*
Bryan Bresee?

8 minutes ago, mayanfootball said:

Jalin Hyatt, WR; top graded in the draft......he's lining up at about 25-30 so he wouldn't be too expensive to trade up to get.

Hyatt is Mecole Harman II. The speed is there but the route skills are not. In any event, we could get him at #31.

The consensus top rated WR is Quentin Johnston. He's a built-from-a-blueprint physical specimen, much better than Hyatt, and also much more accomplished in game play.-

• Like 1

1 hour ago, onejayhawk said:

Hyatt is Mecole Harman II. The speed is there but the route skills are not. In any event, we could get him at #31.

The consensus top rated WR is Quentin Johnston. He's a built-from-a-blueprint physical specimen, much better than Hyatt, and also much more accomplished in game play.-

Hyatt has a grade of 6.50 (best grade is J.Carter 7.05). Quentin Johnson is 4th at 6.40. Taken from NFL.com

I'm starting to think this might be what happens, we're plugging all the holes subtly in FA. 

Now imagine the draft starts (of course in KC) x amount of picks go by then the announcers are all like: "We got a trade! It's the Chiefs!" and we get a player that we weren't supposed to be close to drafting....the crowd goes completely bananas 

Tin Foil Tinfoil Hat GIF

6 hours ago, mayanfootball said:

Hyatt has a grade of 6.50 (best grade is J.Carter 7.05). Quentin Johnson is 4th at 6.40. Taken from NFL.com

That's his Combine grade, not his prospect grade. I'll give you that he may be the King of the Combine.

Rankings are for WR position

PFF - 8
Draftwire - 4
CBS - 7
Drafttek - 7
Ourlads - 5
TDN - 6

Every site ranked QJ as the #1 WR.

Johnston and Hyatt really only fit one role in KC’s offense, and that is MVS role.   Neither are very versatile, which is why I don’t really care about rankings.   Just because they’re ranked higher doesn’t mean they’re better 

6 minutes ago, RedGold said:

Johnston and Hyatt really only fit one role in KC’s offense, and that is MVS role.

"C'mon man"....MVS can't hold a candle to Hyatt's speed. And i'll take Hyatt's transmission ability to shift gears up and down at will over MVS.

Maybe MVS and Johnston are similar

2 minutes ago, mayanfootball said:

"C'mon man"....MVS can't hold a candle to Hyatt's speed. And i'll take Hyatt's transmission ability to shift gears up and down at will over MVS.

Maybe MVS and Johnston are similar

I disagree.    But the point still remains,  his only role is being a deep threat at Z.   He isn’t position flexible or add any value outside of that.

Edited by RedGold

16 minutes ago, RedGold said:

Johnston and Hyatt really only fit one role in KC’s offense, and that is MVS role.   Neither are very versatile, which is why I don’t really care about rankings.   Just because they’re ranked higher doesn’t mean they’re better 

Say what? I'll give you that for Hyatt. He's pure burner with few frills. 

Johnston is the complete package--6'2, 210, 4.4 speed, fantastic explosion and good agility. He's great at the high-point catch, runs short routes and deep routes with equal ease. The common knock is that he does not block well for his size. He can do JuJu's job today and be better at it by playoff time. 

4 minutes ago, mayanfootball said:

All of those grades must've been given before the Georgia game. (tongue in cheek)

QJ was noticeably absent. 1 catch for 3yds? Huh?

That was a blowout and QJ was doubled.

Try the Michigan game--6 rec, 163 yards, TD. That was in a dogfight.

1 minute ago, RedGold said:

Q. Johnston is not good at high pointing, nor have great explosion in and out of his cuts.    He’s better at YAC than MVS, but still it’s the only role he’d have in our offense 

Johnston can also actually catch the ball.  I really hoped a fresh team would help Stonehands…but more of the same.  We’re still missing out on utilizing his height in the red zone.