Who is worth a trade up?

onejayhawk

On 3/18/2023 at 9:33 PM, RedGold said:

Ehh.   Johnston likes to cradle with the majority of his catches.    Size in the red zone doesn’t do a whole lot if you aren’t going to up to meet the ball with your hands… at the high point.    He likes to shield off defenders with his body and let the ball fall into his cradle.  

I’ll give you he’s got good size and can run.   And he’s pretty good with YAC, but most of his openings were by scheme.  He’s not that great in and out on his routes.  

I was talking about MVS.

4 minutes ago, EMAW_KSU said:

I was talking about MVS.

Yeah.  I meant the same thing about Johnston though.   I don’t like he catches,   And it’d be the same thing in the red zone.  His size doesn’t do anything cuz he rarely actually goes up and high points it.  He likes to use his body to shield,  and cradle it once it comes down 

52 minutes ago, RedGold said:

Broderick / Paris / Anton are the only ones I would think about trading up for if they start slipping into the 20’s,  maybe Bresee.     Any other positions I think we can let the draft play itself out 

I've only looked at Anton and I'd be ok with a trade up for him. I still think Kancey is my favorite pick for us in the 1st though.

On 3/19/2023 at 11:42 PM, kingseanjohn said:

I've only looked at Anton and I'd be ok with a trade up for him. I still think Kancey is my favorite pick for us in the 1st though.

We basically acquired a more experienced Anton Harrison when we signed Jamaar Taylor.

There is no equivalent to Omenihu in the draft but Kancy has some of the same skillset.

On 3/19/2023 at 8:01 PM, RedGold said:

I seems kind of redundant to have two just deep threats, that don’t really provide much else.   If we’re gonna get someone that is limited in versatility I would prefer a bigger possession receiver.     I’d be for trying to get a deep threat replacement,  just don’t think it’s worth the pick Hyatt will go at.  

I mean everybody does everything, MVS took plenty of short passes last year. I imagine Hyatt would do a lot more then go deep if he’s a Chief.

On 3/19/2023 at 8:00 PM, mayanfootball said:

I added to my last post also.

My point is Hyatt can "take the top off a defense" better than MVS and also can catch the ball. He's that outside Z, slot receiver we need with home run potential each time he leaves the LOS. (sound familiar? Hill?) Check out the win against Alabama's defense. 5 TD catches.

I get it he’s great, I’d like him on the team too. I’m just disputing your weird “MVS isn’t a deep threat” thing. when he’s been doing it for years, and saying he’s a possession receiver, when he’s really not that guy lol. 

I prefer, as does Reid/Mahomes,  not to see Shell coverages every snap so getting an elite option as a deep threat isn’t a huge priority in my book. 

Just get the most talented guys you can in here and let the coaches coach em up. If that’s Hyatt so be it.