Week 13: New York Giants @ Oakland Raiders

Acgott

32 minutes ago, Ohbeejay said:

You're simply hating if you think this is worse than his Jets days.

Offense was still inept, he still sucks. I don’t wanna hear any BS about lack of talent and separation or anything. Because guess what, eli was dealt the same cards. Today was no different. Mcadoo hyped up this gameplan he had in place for geno, I saw no difference. Same bad play calling same bad everything 

4 minutes ago, Kip Smithers said:

Well he hasn’t played in weeks and we’re playing like PS guys to replace the injured guys.

McAdoo will never tell us. This week he has a mysterious hip injury when he was added to the injury report yesterday.

Thought Geno played well today. He is more accurate and mobile than Eli. Almost all his throws hit players in their hands. Tavarres King alone had about 5 drops on the outside, which is ridiculous. The last one was terrible. King was wide open and the ball literally slipped through his bread basket. 

In the game Geno made some plays that Eli. at this point, cannot do. Eli is not accurate enough to make the 1st half throw to Engram which led to the 1st TD drive. Eli cannot pick up 1st downs like Geno can on the move. Geno led 2 TD drives, one capped off by the RB and the other by a throw. He looked better in the 2 minute drive and throwing to Engram, which is a good sign. He can be good with weapons and in the quick hitting game.

Now I thought the fumbles weren't Geno's fault. Mack was basically getting free releases in the 1st half and after we adjusted, Mack was silenced in the 2nd half. Mack's sudden disappearance after halftime makes me think Geno fumbles weren't his fault, but rather just an artifact of Mack taking over.

Overall, I  still agree with McAdoo's assessment. Geno has a 90+ QB rating and 61 completion today. That is not bad for how badly Mack dominated the first half and how terrible the receivers played. 

12 minutes ago, mattbags2313 said:

Engram said the offense felt the same but geno scrambles more...lol shocker

So in other words, Engram thinks the offense felt about the same between a HOF'er and Geno Smith? Except Geno Smith runs more, which means he has an X factor Eli does not. In that sense then, McAdoo is right that Geno gives us the best chance to win. 

Archived