Week 13: New York Giants @ Oakland Raiders

Acgott

4 minutes ago, celestial said:

Thought Geno played well today. He is more accurate and mobile than Eli. There were plays sprinkled in there Eli cannot, at this point, do. Geno led 2 TD drives, one capped off by the RB and the other by a throw. Geno looked better in the 2 minute drive and throwing to Engram, which is a good sign. He can be good with weapons and in the quick hitting game.

Now I thought the fumbles weren't Geno's fault. Mack was basically getting free releases in the 1st half and after we adjusted, Mack was silenced in the 2nd half. Mack's sudden disappearance after halftime makes me think Geno fumbles weren't his fault, but rather just an artifact of Mack taking over.

Overall, I  still agree with McAdoo's assessment.

Yes because engram and eli were never on the same page and this was engrams breakout game. If this is the kind of offense you are okay with then god bless. Listen to the post game interviews. Players said the offense outside of geno running sideline to sideline felt exactly the same. His mobility was him dropping back 20 yards on every bootleg to launch the ball out of bounds

6 minutes ago, celestial said:

Now I thought the fumbles weren't Geno's fault. Mack was basically getting free releases in the 1st half and after we adjusted, Mack was silenced in the 2nd half. Mack's sudden disappearance after halftime makes me think Geno fumbles weren't his fault, but rather just an artifact of Mack taking over.

"Artifact"- whut?

Like this-?

Image result for artifact

3 minutes ago, bzane said:

"Artifact"- whut?

Like this-?

Image result for artifact

Maybe I should use smaller, less academic words so people like you can more easily understand. Note: there is more than 1 meaning for the word, "artifact".

ar·ti·fact
ˈärdəfakt/
noun

1. 1.
    an object made by a human being, typically an item of cultural or historical interest.
    "gold and silver artifacts"
    synonyms: relic, article; 
    handiwork
    "hundreds of unidentified artifacts are stored in numerous rooms beneath the museum"
  2. 2.
    something observed in a scientific investigation or experiment that is not naturally present but occurs as a result of the preparative or investigative procedure.
    "widespread tissue infection may be a technical artifact"

6 minutes ago, celestial said:

So in other words, Engram thinks the offense felt about the same between a HOF'er and Geno Smith? Except Geno Smith runs more, which means he has + over Eli. So Geno Smith gives us the best chance to win?

If that’s how your bias opinion takes it than sure. You take a listen to the interview. Mcadoo hyped up this “gameplan” he had in place for geno to win. Engram out right said it was the same offense and same plays. We scored 17 points on an absolutely terrible defense. If we had some revolutionary moments or something was truly different I’d agree. But the final product and result was the same and the offense looked the same. Maybe you should start looking more at mcadoos scheme and not the QB. Mcadoo basically complained his scheme didn’t work cause eli isn’t mobile. Well he got to test this scheme with a mobile qb against a trash defense. Result was 17 points. 

1 minute ago, celestial said:

There is more than 1 meaning for the word, "artifact".

ar·ti·fact
ˈärdəfakt/
noun

1. 1.
    an object made by a human being, typically an item of cultural or historical interest.
    "gold and silver artifacts"
    synonyms: relic, article; 
    handiwork
    "hundreds of unidentified artifacts are stored in numerous rooms beneath the museum"
  2. 2.
    something observed in a scientific investigation or experiment that is not naturally present but occurs as a result of the preparative or investigative procedure.
    "widespread tissue infection may be a technical artifact"

Oh! So the New York Giants vs. Oakland Raiders was a scientific investigation; and Khalil Mack's playing was a preparative or investigative procedure. Got it!

8 minutes ago, bzane said:

Oh! So the New York Giants vs. Oakland Raiders was a scientific investigation; and Khalil Mack's playing was a preparative or investigative procedure. Got it!

No, artifact is this sense is something observed that is not naturally present but occurs as a result of investigative procedure. I know this is wordy for you but try to keep up. I usually don't have to explain simple vocabulary, but then I remember I'm talking to people like you. 

To casual observers, and people with less than that awareness like yourself , Geno's fumbles are naturally his fault. But under closer investigation, the fumbles fumbles come from a less obvious culprit: Mack's dominance. 

The fumbles are hence an artifact of Mack's taking over, not Geno's mistakes. Do you understand the meaning of the word "artifact" now? Or do we need more lessons?

17 minutes ago, mattbags2313 said:

If that’s how your bias opinion takes it than sure. You take a listen to the interview. Mcadoo hyped up this “gameplan” he had in place for geno to win. Engram out right said it was the same offense and same plays. We scored 17 points on an absolutely terrible defense. If we had some revolutionary moments or something was truly different I’d agree. But the final product and result was the same and the offense looked the same. Maybe you should start looking more at mcadoos scheme and not the QB. Mcadoo basically complained his scheme didn’t work cause eli isn’t mobile. Well he got to test this scheme with a mobile qb against a trash defense. Result was 17 points. 

McAdoo said he has a plan for Geno when asked a question, same as every OC has a plan for every QB. He can't change the plays at the end of the season. The final product is that Geno played well enough with what he was given. He looked better than Eli, which is all that is needed to justify Eli's benching. McAdoo's scheme may or may not be the issue. I'll have to see more games. Geno scoring 17 point is more than Eli would have scored. If we average 17 points the next 4 games, that's higher than the points we averaged over the past 11.

24 minutes ago, mattbags2313 said:

Yes because engram and eli were never on the same page and this was engrams breakout game. If this is the kind of offense you are okay with then god bless. Listen to the post game interviews. Players said the offense outside of geno running sideline to sideline felt exactly the same. His mobility was him dropping back 20 yards on every bootleg to launch the ball out of bounds

I'm not OK with the offense's production, but it'll look much different when Geno gets more chemistry with his receivers and Odell/Marshall come back. Geno picked up multiple 1st downs with his mobility and we lost by only 1 TD. The only reason Geno threw away the ball on the bootlegs is because Mack read it and was in his face. Eli gets sacked in the same situations, which is worse for an offense than just throwing the ball away. We don't score 17 points today if Eli isn't benched. Simple as that.

11 minutes ago, celestial said:

Do you understand the meaning of the word "artifact" now? Or do we need more lessons?

No, no- it was great. A brilliant explanation! Going forward I shall examine professional football as a "scientific investigation", and turnovers as "artifacts", following your kind advice.

Image result for chemical experiments

Just now, bzane said:

No, no- it was great. A brilliant explanation! Going forward I shall examine professional football as a "scientific investigation", and turnovers as "artifacts", following your kind advice.

Image result for chemical experiments

Scientific just means based on methods of science. Observation is a method of science. I'm getting tired of explaining your ABCs to you. Nobody else needs the same explanations

2 minutes ago, celestial said:

Scientific just means based on methods of science. Observation is a method of science. I'm getting tired of explaining your ABCs to you. Nobody else needs the same explanations

Whyyyyy, I'm agreeing with you! I think it's wonderful- a master of linguistics, and a forensic scientist!

Gosh!

With much admiration,

Image result for Billy Zane

35 minutes ago, celestial said:

I'm not OK with the offense's production, but it'll look much different when Geno gets more chemistry with his receivers and Odell/Marshall come back. Geno picked up multiple 1st downs with his mobility and we lost by only 1 TD. The only reason Geno threw away the ball on the bootlegs is because Mack read it and was in his face. Eli gets sacked in the same situations, which is worse for an offense than just throwing the ball away. We don't score 17 points today if Eli isn't benched. Simple as that.

I swear you are related to both mcadoo and geno. First off. Since when is geno ever gonna play with OBJ or Marshall? Second of all you are acting like we had an offensive explosion. We scored 17 freaking points. And the excuse “geno played well enough with what he was given” is only justiable for geno not eli? This is so laughable. Get a clue dude. And saying eli wouldn’t of scored more than 17 isn’t a fact or “that simple” that’s an opinion and a dumb one. Maybe when geno fumbled at the end of the half, eli gets the ball out quicker and doesn’t have the chance to even get sacked/stripped. Completely justiable arguement considering eli has had one of the fastest releases in football over the past 2 months...

Archived