Brandon Cooks Traded to Cowboys

CAPJ

3 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

Let’s goooooo! This is an excellent deal, and brings speed, experience to the lockerroom.

Curious to know what they plan to do with the contract.

Texans paid $6 million of the $18 mill guaranteed 

1 minute ago, CT Cowboy Fan said:

Cooks ain’t DHop but this is a great deal. Cooks has been a 1000 yard receiver every year with trash QB play, has speed to stretch the defense, something we’ve been La king for a while now.

Great option. Can stretch the defense and if Gallup makes a leap in year 2 from ACL.

4 minutes ago, CT Cowboy Fan said:

Cooks ain’t DHop but this is a great deal. Cooks has been a 1000 yard receiver every year with trash QB play, has speed to stretch the defense, something we’ve been La king for a while now.

Two different players, certainly, but I love the speed Cooks brings to this offense. Very much needed, this is a huge move.

Cowboys are really trying to win this year. I feel excellent about what the FO is doing.  Going to have to seriously recalibrate my draft expectations. 

Pretty sizable upgrades at WR and CB in the last week without sending out higher than a 5th rounder for either player. That’s exciting.

Two months ago I’d have called it a lock that those positions would be our first two picks in some order. Now I think you’d say interior OL and DL, TE, RB and maybe LB are all bigger needs.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

Two different players, certainly, but I love the speed Cooks brings to this offense. Very much needed, this is a huge move.

Cowboys are really trying to win this year. I feel excellent about what the FO is doing.  Going to have to seriously recalibrate my draft expectations. 

I’d love to find a starting caliber OG before the draft. Then we can truly draft BPA at that point. Bijan and Meyer enter the convo for me at 26 if we have that guard. Really wishing we kept McGovern for $7m at this point.

Ultimately I’d have preferred Nuk or possibly even Mike Evans, but this is a definite upgrade with a minimal price tag.
It’s just nice to see Dallas not horde draft picks and upgrade the roster with some proven talent. Honestly, this is pretty close to the deal for Coop too.

He's basically a younger, better version of Hilton and we saw what that provided the offense. 

I didn't think they'd do it, but damn. Way to surprise me. 

Now go into the draft with BPA and don't take a RB or LB in the 1st.

5 minutes ago, D82 said:

He's basically a younger, better version of Hilton and we saw what that provided the offense. 

I didn't think they'd do it, but damn. Way to surprise me. 

Now go into the draft with BPA and don't take a RB or LB in the 1st.

Still some good talent available in free agency on the dline. 

I'd also take a shot at Kareem Hunt to see what his price tag is.

36 minutes ago, matt79511 said:Two months ago I’d have called it a lock that those positions would be our first two picks in some order. Now I think you’d say interior OL and DL, TE, RB and maybe LB are all bigger needs.

It annoys me to no end that I’m picturing Bijan at 26 and feel good about it. I’ll never learn. 🫤

5 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

It annoys me to no end that I’m picturing Bijan at 26 and feel good about it. I’ll never learn. 🫤

lol. Mayer or Kincaid is likelier imo

I think we’re eying another skill player at 26 and will come back around for a guard in R2. People like to the cite DAL’s first round OL track record as reason to be safe and take the fat guy first, but lately we’ve done well there in Rounds 2-4 as well.