Week 13 GDT: Houston Texans at Tennessee Titans

Texansfan713

3 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

Winning close is the only way we win. If not for the padded score by Henry at the end this would have made us 9-0 in our last 9 games decided by 4 points or less. Doesn't matter who the team we're playing is or isn't missing, how good they are(3-1 this year vs playoff teams, 8-3 vs playoff teams in the last two years combined). If we win the game, chances are it's gonna be as ugly as it can get.

The Texans were similar over the last two seasons - had a ridiculous W/L in close games during the Hoyer season and the Osweiler season. 

You'd like to think it's sustainable, but it'll eventually correct itself.

Good luck the rest of the way, going to come down to you and the Jags - bit of a flip from past seasons, but a welcome change for now. xD

Just now, EliteTexan80 said:

The Texans were similar over the last two seasons - had a ridiculous W/L in close games during the Hoyer season and the Osweiler season. 

You'd like to think it's sustainable, but it'll eventually correct itself.

Good luck the rest of the way, going to come down to you and the Jags - bit of a flip from past seasons, but a welcome change for now. xD

Yeah, our offensive consistency has to get sorted or it'll eventually bite us. That being said after going 5-27 in 14/15 combined I'm not gonna really complain about any kinds of wins right now.

Just now, TitanLegend said:

Yeah, our offensive consistency has to get sorted or it'll eventually bite us. That being said after going 5-27 in 14/15 combined I'm not gonna really complain about any kinds of wins right now.

Given the components on your offense...I'm actually worried as a division rival that it'll get sorted out. 

Hopefully Watson and Watt will be ready.

I had to watch delayed so I didn't get to do my normal "my gosh BOB sucks" posts. 

Savage had his best game of the season up until the very end. I would give him a pass because we only had 1 WR out there but he throws into triple coverage regardless. 

The line was a little better today for the most part. Maybe the changes need to stick. 

Clowney was terrible today. He was stonewalled by those tackles of the Titans and he had like 3 off sides penalties. 

Do we need to go 4-12 to rid ourselves of BOB or is he safe regardless?

In 3 out of their last 4 losses they have been in position to either tie or win on the last drive and have thrown 2 picks and turned it over on downs once. They just can’t close, Their red zone scoring effiency has also been atrocious.Today they had 2 1st and goals and they come out with 3 total points. Something has to give.

3 hours ago, Marco79 said:

In 3 out of their last 4 losses they have been in position to either tie or win on the last drive and have thrown 2 picks and turned it over on downs once. They just can’t close, Their red zone scoring effiency has also been atrocious.Today they had 2 1st and goals and they come out with 3 total points. Something has to give.

i blame that on o brien and his crappy coaching and adjustments

3 hours ago, Marco79 said:

And in an additional two losses (New England and Seattle) we were ahead, but gave up the GW score late in the 4th.

It tells me the team is competitive, but decisions are being made that literally cost the team a W on both sides of the ball. 

It's frustrating, and a sign that something needs to change.

Per PFF (add grain of salt)

HST-Texans-Header.png

TOP 5 GRADES:

S Andre Hal, 83.5 overall grade

CB Kareem Jackson, 80.4 overall grade

CB Johnathan Joseph, 79.0 overall grade

WR DeAndre Hopkins, 78.4 overall grade

RB Lamar Miller, 73.5 overall grade

PERFORMANCES OF NOTE:

WR DEANDRE HOPKINS, 78.4 OVERALL GRADE

With so many of Houston’s receiving weapons out of the game due to injury, the Titans were often able to double-up their coverage on Hopkins. While he was forced out of the end zone on a would-be touchdown on the first possession of the game for the Texans, he still had a productive day. For the game he managed eight grabs for 80 yards on 14 targets, making this the eighth game of the season in which he’s seen double-digit balls thrown his way.

OT JEFF ALLEN, 49.5 OVERALL GRADE

Allen was solid on run blocks (77.7 run-blocking grade), but as expected considering he was playing out of position at left tackle, he had significant struggles in pass protection. He surrendered five total pressures on the day, and on a critical fourth down late in the fourth quarter took three consecutive false start penalties.

EDGE JADEVEON CLOWNEY, 74.1 OVERALL GRADE

The Texans have needed to rely on their former No. 1 overall pick this year with the injuries that have struck the defense and he’s lived up to the billing for the most part. However, against division foe Titans, Clowney was neutralized as a pass-rusher for all but one play where he beat Taylor Lewan resulting in a holding penalty. Excellent against the run, forcing cuts and recording a run stop, Clowney did get flagged for three offsides penalties, resulting in an average overall grade.

CB KAREEM JACKSON, 80.4 OVERALL GRADE

The Texans defense didn’t have any standout performances, but Jackson was the best of the defensive backs in coverage as he forced two incompletions and allowed just two catches for 33 yards in the game. Jackson averaged 11.5 cover snaps per reception, a major improvement over his season mark coming into the game allowing a reception every 7.3 cover snaps.

Archived