2018 Mock 1st w/ Trades

IrishHooligan00

2 minutes ago, Mastercheddaar said:

***Trade PHI Trades #32 (1st) to CLE for #42 (2nd) #64 (2nd) and a 2019 2nd Rounder

Ok my bad. I'll admit it. Still doesn't make it any better. 10 spots for 3 2nd round picks. yuck. 

Either way there is no way I'm coming to the dark side of the force here with this mock. 

I got my opinions (cough cough the correct ones :P ) and you have yours (wrong as they might be :|

That is all

Matercheddaar

Haha, and its only 3 2nd rounders cuz thats what the trade value chart has it come out to for that pick. lol. 

But in seriousness i hope CLE is as aggressive as i have them in this mock, IN FA they should hit DEF and bang out the top 2 at least that i have on here and be aggressive in manuevering for barkley (#1) and Rosen/Darnold(#2). WR they can trade back up for or wait for 2nd round, Honestly if Courtlands there ima be pissed if eagles dont pick him lol. He's a monster. 

5 hours ago, The Gnat said:

Hmmm... I like getting an offensive tackle for the Vikings. Don't love trading up, but I don't think Id complain if it was for an OT.

We don't have enough picks imo to be trading up. Trading pack and adding picks is Rick's usual strategy.

1 hour ago, IrishHooligan00 said:

Thats the most shocking thing i think ive seen. You have 3 QB's who can play right now. Bradford likely gone, Keenum looking great and then Bridgewater you can resign cheap so i think you have to let that play out for next year and then maybe go QB in the draft in 2019 if nothing works out.

DT isnt an immediate need IMO, they have a stellar defense but there O-Line in like swiss cheese. 

All of our QBs are free agents next season. If Keenum plays the entire season, then he'll likely be re-signed and SB/TB walk. At this point, I'd look for a long term answer at the position because I don't see Keenum being that.

DT is a huge need. Tom Johnson will be 34 next season and this may be his last season here. Shamar Stephen is a free agent (may be a priority re-sign), and Jaleel Johnson is a rookie who's still learning. Minnesota needs a DT. Linval Joseph can't play two positions. Lol

We need to replace Newman at CB and Berger at RG but you have us taking an OT who will be 3rd string for us (Rashod Hill backups both LT and RT and has looked good doing so.)

9 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

All of our QBs are free agents next season. If Keenum plays the entire season, then he'll likely be re-signed and SB/TB walk. At this point, I'd look for a long term answer at the position because I don't see Keenum being that.

DT is a huge need. Tom Johnson will be 34 next season and this may be his last season here. Shamar Stephen is a free agent (may be a priority re-sign), and Jaleel Johnson is a rookie who's still learning. Minnesota needs a DT. Linval Joseph can't play two positions. Lol

We need to replace Newman at CB and Berger at RG but you have us taking an OT who will be 3rd string for us (Rashod Hill backups both LT and RT and has looked good doing so.)

Remmers can move inside to G, Rashod Hill, I dont see as a full time Starter at RT i just dont IMO. 

Newman is def old as **** but Corner is deep again in this class. 

I could see Min bringing 2 of 3 Qb's back not just 1. or resign keenum and elect Bridgewaters 5th year, which is lower due to the injury/ missed season. 

2 minutes ago, IrishHooligan00 said:

Remmers can move inside to G, Rashod Hill, I dont see as a full time Starter at RT i just dont IMO. 

Newman is def old as **** but Corner is deep again in this class. 

I could see Min bringing 2 of 3 Qb's back not just 1. or resign keenum and elect Bridgewaters 5th year, which is lower due to the injury/ missed season. 

Yeah but Rammers natural position is tackle. However...I'll give you this one.

Zimmer and Co typically go after the corner position early. Take a highly talented/rated corner, make him sit year 1 and then go. He typically doesn't wait at the position.

Bridgewater can't be brought back on the 5th year. We never exercised it, and his contract didn't toll because he was placed on the active roster after the PUP list designation ended. He's not taking rookie money.

6 hours ago, Rich7sena said:

Roquan Smith to the Raiders is the new Reggie Ragland to the Raiders. I hope it ends up not happening the same way.

Smith is gonna be a beast in the nfl that boy can play.  I wish the Falcons had a need for him honestly and if we decide to move Beasley full time back to DE i wouldn't be mad taking Smith and making Duke really good depth instead of a starter.  

3 hours ago, FalconFan13 said:

Smith is gonna be a beast in the nfl that boy can play.  I wish the Falcons had a need for him honestly and if we decide to move Beasley full time back to DE i wouldn't be mad taking Smith and making Duke really good depth instead of a starter.  

I just don't see a dynamic player at all. I don't see sideline to sideline ability. I don't see exceptional coverage skills. I mostly just see a regular athlete linebacker who sometimes has trouble getting off blocks.

18 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

Yeah but Rammers natural position is tackle. However...I'll give you this one.

Zimmer and Co typically go after the corner position early. Take a highly talented/rated corner, make him sit year 1 and then go. He typically doesn't wait at the position.

Bridgewater can't be brought back on the 5th year. We never exercised it, and his contract didn't toll because he was placed on the active roster after the PUP list designation ended. He's not taking rookie money.

Bringing him back will be a lot cheaper then i think, I actually think he'll do a 1-2 year incentive based deal for maybe 7-9 Million a year and try and prove himself. 

32 minutes ago, IrishHooligan00 said:

Bringing him back will be a lot cheaper then i think, I actually think he'll do a 1-2 year incentive based deal for maybe 7-9 Million a year and try and prove himself. 

I guess so. If he plays at all this year that number could definitely change.

On 11/29/2017 at 1:12 PM, IrishHooligan00 said:

Have fun ripping this apart...

2017 NFL Mock w/ Trades

1st: Cleveland - Saquon Barkley - RB - PSU

***Trade SF Trades #2 to CLE for #7 (1st), #33 (2nd), #65 (3rd), 2019 1st and 3rd Rounder 

2nd: Cleveland - Josh Rosen - QB - UCLA

3rd: New York G - Sam Darnold - QB - USC                         *Trade QB Eli Manning to JAX for a 2018 4th (#122)

4th: Denver - Connor Williams - OT - Texas                          *Sign Kirk Cousins in FA

5th: Indianapolis - Bradley Chubb - DE/OLB - NCST

***Trade CHI Trades #6 to WAS for #16 (1st), #47 (2nd), #109 (4th), and 2019 1st and 3rd Rounder

6th: Washington - Mason Rudolph - QB - OKST

7th: San Francisco - Minkah Fitzpatrick - CB/S - Alabama

8th: New York J - Lamar Jackson - QB - LOU

9th: Miami - Chukwuma Okorafor - OT - WMU

10th: Tampa Bay - Arden Key - DE - LSU

11th: Los Angeles C - Orlando Brown - OT - OKLA

***Trade CIN Trades #12 to BUF for #18, #51, and #115

12th: Buffalo - Baker Mayfield - QB - OKLA

13th: Arizona - Josh Allen - QB - WYO

14th: Oakland - Roquan Smith - LB - UGA

15th: Dallas - Christian Wilkens - DT - CLEM

16th: Chicago - Calvin Ridley - WR - BAMA

17th: Green Bay - Derrius Guice - RB - LSU

18th: Cincinnati - Quenton Nelson - OG - ND

***Trade DET trades #19 to ATL for #23 (1st), #119 (4th)

19th: Falcons - Derwin James - S - FSU

20th: Seattle - Mike McGlinchey - OT - ND

21st: Ravens - Bryce Love - RB - STAN

22nd: Buffalo - Tarvarous McFadden - CB - FSU

23rd: Detroit - Maurice Hurst - DT/DE - MICH

***Trade CAR Trades #24 to MIN for #30 (1st), 

24th: Minnesota - Martinas Rankin - OT - MSST

25th: Jacksonville - Da'Ron Payne - DT - BAMA

26th: Tennessee - Joshua Jackson - CB - IOWA

27th: Los Angeles R - Sam Hubbard - DE/OLB - OHST

28th: New Orleans - Malik Jefferson - LB - TEX

29th: Pittsburgh - Harold Landry - DE/OLB - BC

30th: Carolina - Denzel Ward - CB - OHST

31st: New England - Ronnie Harrison - S - BAMA

***Trade PHI Trades #32 (1st) to CLE for #42 (2nd) #64 (2nd) and a 2019 2nd Rounder

32nd: Cleveland - Courtland Sutton - WR - SMU

excellent cleveland draft

7 hours ago, Rich7sena said:

I just don't see a dynamic player at all. I don't see sideline to sideline ability. I don't see exceptional coverage skills. I mostly just see a regular athlete linebacker who sometimes has trouble getting off blocks.

I have to disagree here.   He is a great athlete and he is all over the field.  No he is not exceptional in coverage but he won't be a liability either.  His instincts are also fantastic.  His size is a slight worry but I'd have him as a top 20 pick at this point.

Archived